PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike How to save your progress on guitar - 08/24/21 12:09 PM
Posted By: David Snyder Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/24/21 04:48 PM
Man,

all these you tubes take SO LONG to get to the pt. I can't watch them or I would go broke.

So...in a sentence, HOW DO YOU SAVE YOUR PROGRESS ON GUITAR????

IN 10 to 30 SECS.

?????????????????????????

smile smile

PGH, are you out there man???

Hello, hello.....

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/25/21 08:22 PM
This a good concept but it could have been taught in half of the time he took to teach it.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/26/21 12:48 PM

Mario,

Can you tell me what he said??

There was some software and I think he said:

Hey real quick...most important...i am using netquiz!! nexyquix?? fretclixs, neckflix, check neck, check it out...

Ok??

Huh???

When I am in Guitar Pro, and I am trying to master, say, the Bach Prelude from the Partita in E, I will set it at 80 BPM, and see if the next day I can get to 81. Maybe when I am 90 I will get it to 120.

Is that what he's saying????

Or is he saying play the Bach in the background and jam on on some Earth Wind and Fire over top on the funk bass while you are brushing your teeth.

?????????????

I may be too stupid for this man.
Posted By: MarioD Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/26/21 02:08 PM
Hi David,

Here is the condensed version of the long drawn out video.
1-pick a new scale and practice it a little
2-record a short simple melody using only said scale
3-add a drum beat
4-using any software that shows the entire scale on the fretboard pick out a few notes that will make a chord and record that. Note you don't worry about what the chord is called, just play it. You can look up the chord name later if you wish to do so. He used just the notes from the scale.
5-using the notes from the scale record a bass part.

Repeat using a new scale.

IMHO if you know music theory you can bypass #4 and just put in chords that fit. Same with #5.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/26/21 02:28 PM

Mario,

Thanks man!!

But correct me if I am wrong:

As songwriters and jam masters, is this not what we have been doing our entire lives anyway????

smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/26/21 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

As songwriters and jam masters, is this not what we have been doing our entire lives anyway????

smile

Of course!
Posted By: etcjoe Re: How to save your progress on guitar - 08/27/21 10:30 AM
YouTube is about creating more content every day, keeping viewers as long as possible and generating ad revenue, also driving people to your paid services in most cases. It is never about getting to the point quickly! In a lot of cases you find out it is something you already knew anyway.
© PG Music Forums