PG Music Home
Posted By: musocity Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/24/23 01:17 AM
_RKMDBM1_demo_C-D-E-F_Drive_wma.zip
_JAZZWES_Demo_C-D-E-F_Drive_wma.zip

EDIT: these are the unfolded chords
_JAZZWES_Demo_chords_unfold.zip
_RKMDBM1_demo_chords_unfold.zip
In Reaper View > Region/Marker manager > right click import region csv

These are the identical sections generated up in Biab.

You can load these direct into Reaper, just open the Reaper project file with the drive letter you have your RealTracks and RealDrums on.

If your BB files are on another drive open the rpp in a text editor and using Replace All replace C:\ with G:\
or if you have the Audiophile wav version, replace .wma with .wav

Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/24/23 10:43 AM
MCity.

actually i'm concerned that reaps is getting BIG maybe ?

i prefer the earlier 'lean n' mean' versions.
they do the job for me. smaller exes.

best

om
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/24/23 04:57 PM
RealBand64.exe 47meg
reaper.exe 15meg

Did you try and load the project files ? did it find the wma files ok ?
did they play back ok ? did you need to change to another drive letter ?
are you using the latest version of reaper ?
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/24/23 07:05 PM
Just fantastic, almost instantaneous and with all solo variants, amazing. For 371 KB!
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/24/23 08:35 PM
These are the unfolded chords, I didn't have the chords unfolded when I imported the SGU chords into Reaper.
_JAZZWES_Demo_chords_unfold.zip
_RKMDBM1_demo_chords_unfold.zip
In Reaper View > Region/Marker manager > right click import region csv
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/26/23 05:55 PM
So only 2 users are using Reaper and Biab ?
Posted By: rharv Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/26/23 08:26 PM
There are more of us .. just need some time to grasp this!
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/26/23 10:56 PM
Cool ! here's a guide how to open in Reaper:

Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/26/23 11:56 PM
Here's one with extra util track and a multistyle demo:

_RUGGED-Demo-C-D-E-F-Drive-wma.zip
_WOOL+_Demo-C-D-E-F-Drive-wma.zip

Again, if your BB files are on another drive open the rpp in a text editor and using Replace All replace C:\ with G:\
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By: musocity

As I write there are 128 views of the thread and I guess most of those are by Reaper users. You probably don't want that many 'me too' responses. We're here.
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 06:06 AM
Thanks, just want to make sure it all plays fine on other hardware as I didn't get much feedback from the Track Injector (maybe for Reaper script users only) so I thought I'd make it easy for users with Reaper to try.
Hopefully the BBPlugin and RealBand will work this way soon so all the work I put in to it all won't be in vain.
Once the BBPlugin is self contained it should work on Linux.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 07:40 AM
(maybe for Reaper script users only)

Maybe and I suspect many just use Reaper as it comes, just transferring the tracks. I'm pretty sure many Reaper users will be interested, but maybe sometimes it'll be "too hard right now".

I've just upgraded my office PC with the current AVL:MXE, which is working well and Windows 11 which was being a PITA and is relegated to an old spinning rust drive for refusing to install on the sane M.2 as AVL:MXE.

Despite the fact that I rarely use Windows, I do use it, so I figured I'd just buy rather than upgrade or stick with 10. I'm still trying to work out how to pay without signing up to their pay service and I'm still trying to get it to work without using a Microsoft account. I need occasionally to be able to use it offline! I know it can be done.

I'm away quite a bit now, getting the boat ready for launch, so it'll have to keep for a while.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 12:56 PM
I assumed that this is some way of importing a BiaB style into Reaper.

It looks like only two styles are here. I assume that I'd have to manually change the filename to make it work with another style.

Because there was no explanation of what the script did, or what the benefit of using it instead of to doing it in BiaB, I couldn't understand why it had been posted.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 02:34 PM
These files would rather be there to demonstrate the speed with which a song is generated based on the text file created by the plugin (a few mini seconds) instead of waiting again and again for the creation of wavs, which discourages many people from use the plugin.

It's almost faster to drag'n'drop from the original Biab.

But by doing this we obviously lose all the advantage of Biab, since the tracks become "frozen" in the daw.
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/27/23 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
...Because there was no explanation of what the script did, or what the benefit of using it instead of to doing it in BiaB, I couldn't understand why it had been posted.

Where have you been for the last few years I have been posting all these Lua scripts ? YOU GOT ME INTO LUA ! it's your fault smile I remember having to install development tools and compiling your Lua on Mac for the Biab virtual singer file. I thought you would be into all the Lua scripting in Reaper frown cry
Super Simple Track Transfer to REAPER
Does Anyone Know How to Use SFZ Files
Inject BBPlugin Tracks into REAPER (Simple Script)

Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
These files would rather be there to demonstrate the speed with which a song is generated based on the text file created by the plugin (a few mini seconds) instead of waiting again and again for the creation of wavs, which discourages many people from use the plugin.

It's almost faster to drag'n'drop from the original Biab.

But by doing this we obviously lose all the advantage of Biab, since the tracks become "frozen" in the daw.

Exactly !!!!

I think we are here: "Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production" if I'm not mistaken ?
Now, who else has actually tried these to give feedback and help in development ?

When this is all implemented in BBPlugin and RaalBand, only then will users realize the quantum leap this is, "WOW PG this is great, we didn't think you could do this, awesome", at the moment it might be a bit out there for most users, hence the low response. At least give it a try, what do you have to loose ? I have done so many things for other users to help them out and give them new software they never had "Lest We Forget", in the main forum or by PM and all I ask is they try this and give feedback frown
When I asked for users to try the Sforzando files I uploaded it was like I was asking them to jump off a cliff.
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/29/23 12:35 AM
Once we have the BBoutput.txt in bb\Data any section you don't like in Reaper you can regen and import to the same track position instantly, letting you extend or shorten riffs giving so much more control and tweaking as you are using the source files direct in Reaper and not rendered wav files that can't adjust in length and tweak giving custom notation:

Zoom++
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/29/23 10:42 AM
Here's one with extra util track and a multistyle demo:

_RUGGED-Demo-C-D-E-F-Drive-wma.zip
_WOOL+_Demo-C-D-E-F-Drive-wma.zip

Again, if your BB files are on another drive open the rpp in a text editor and using Replace All replace C:\ with G:\

Coolio! I have BiaB installed on D: and my Reaper projects on E:. The .rpp files opened and played great!

I have a license for Reaper through v7.99, but use the latest Studio One Pro. Still, this is nice to know. Thanks!
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/29/23 05:46 PM
Thanks for trying. I can dive give you a Studio One project file but you would need to have the Biab wav file version for Studio One to load as it don't load and play wma like Reaper.
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 03/29/23 08:05 PM
A script can be made to import the BBoutput.txt into Studio One but you would need wav files:

Attached picture Studio-One-Biab-Tracks.png
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 05/01/23 12:33 AM
Anyone else with Reaper got around to trying these ?
Posted By: mandofrog Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 12/30/23 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by musocity

I've just jumped to Linux (happy with Ubuntu Studio so far, but considering trying out AVLinux), and have Reaper up and running fine. I haven't used BIAB in a few years, but got real intrigued that there's now a VST, so I just sprung for BIAB 2024 and I'm looking for the path to get the BIAB VST going in Reaper on Linux.
Posted By: musocity Re: Anyone Use Reaper ? - 12/30/23 11:15 PM
The main issue with BIAB and BIAB VST was it needs Windows Media Player to decompress the wma files and play the wma demos, if you are using wav files BIAB will generate and play ok.
This may work on Linux even if BIAB can't play the wma it should generate up the track data and freeze the tracks then save to SGU then use the Reaper Lua script to open in Reaper though you still may need to convert wma files to a format for Reaper Linux if it don't support wma like the Win Reaper.
Open SGU in Reaper
You also have Wubuntu (Windows 11 for Linux).
© PG Music Forums