PG Music Home
Posted By: Planobilly Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 08:16 AM
How do I get my midi keyboard to sync start record in Studio One 5?

Billy
Posted By: MarioD Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 09:33 AM
Billy, we need to know what keyboard you have.

I have M-Audio's Oxygen 61 and it has software that can control Studio One Pro. That includes a start to record button.

{edit} It can control other DAWs as well.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 01:21 PM
Hi Mario

Technics SXPR603. This keyboard is pretty old. There are a lot of midi functions but... I looked through the manual and did not find anything. There is a sync start button on the keyboard that starts the internal recorder.

Billy
Posted By: MarioD Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 03:24 PM
That model is 19years old. I do not believe any keyboard from that era could control a DAW. I believe the control your DAW feature is only a couple of years old.
Posted By: rharv Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 07:01 PM
I did it the other way
I had an old W30 that could start/stop with RB, I am sure it would be more than 19 years old now (if it lived; it ran on floppies!) .. and it would follow a position pointer so the SEQ knew 'where' to start and sync up.

The solution for me was finding the particular time clock setting in RB/PT (DAW) that allowed sending this data.

So instead of Start/Stop from the keyboard I would Start/Stop from the computer.
Give yourself a couple seconds to reposition, and you're good to go.
Posted By: musocity Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 09:14 PM
This will allow you to start record in Studio One with your very old keyboard smile
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=718863
you would just need to set it to studio one rather than Biab, this is easily done.
You can set your keyboard to do any function in studio one by sending the hot key or accessing S1 menus.

Rather than:

winactivate,ahk_class TBandWindow

you will have

winactivate,ahk_class StudioOne (whatever name it users you get by running the windows spy.ahk and clicking on the S1 window will give the name to use)

Posted By: Planobilly Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/09/23 11:21 PM
Thanks, guys.

Yes, the keyboard is 20 years old. I have rebuilt the main electronics board twice and built a new power supply. Fortunately, all the mechanical parts are in great shape.

I like the feel of the keys better than anything else I have tried. There are a few of these Technics keyboards for sale on Reverb. They are pricy for such an old keyboard.

But...a modern keyboard to replace it is 3k to 5k.

I have the keyboard set up in Studio One, both Midi and analog out from the keyboard. The midi signal is using an aftermarket USB device Roland UM-One. I also have midi cables if I need them. The new Focusrite interface has midi ports.

I will try to figure out the script.

Billy
Posted By: musocity Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/10/23 02:38 AM
try this one:
AHK_Midi2Keypress-S1.zip
EDIT: for S1 only 2 functions Record Stop
AHK_Midi2Keypress-S1-Only.zip

When it first runs it will ask for the midi device, this may come up behind the main GUI window.
It will send numpad * for record and spacebar for stop.

You can preset the midi notes with "Choose1" "Choose3"

All the other actions are for Biab, I can remove them if you just want the last 2 functions.

Code:
Gui, Add, Text, x10 y590, Function 7 Midi Note:
Gui, Add, DropDownList, gCheckNote7 vFunction7 Choose1 x10 y610, %RangeNote%

Gui, Add, Text, x150 y610, S1 Record

Gui, Add, Text, x10 y640, Function 8 Midi Note:
Gui, Add, DropDownList, gCheckNote8 vFunction8 Choose3 x10 y660, %RangeNote%

Gui, Add, Text, x150 y660, S1 Stop

if (data1 = Function7)			
		{
			Winactivate, ahk_exe Studio One.exe
			Send, {NumpadMult}
			Sleep, 200		
		}
		if (data1 = Function8)			
		{
			Winactivate, ahk_exe Studio One.exe
			Send, {SPACE}
			Sleep, 200		
		}

Attached picture BB23-AHK-S1-Record.png
Attached picture BB23-AHK-S1-Record-Only.png
Posted By: musocity Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/10/23 05:59 AM
Also
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430438

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Multimedia/Audio/MIDI-Hotkey-Portable.shtml

https://midikey2key.de/
Posted By: musocity Re: Studio One sync start record question - 06/11/23 07:19 AM
This is how easy

Zoom++
© PG Music Forums