PG Music Home
Posted By: Limau Simple recording with backing - 08/24/13 06:56 AM
Hi,
I play Hawaiian steel guitar and I have made backings with BB, but the BB ukulele sounds like an emasculated electric classical guitar. My ideal Hawaiian band is bass, ukulele, and steel guitar.

I want to choose a bass style in BB and then record the Uke with the BB bass. I can record this way, but I have not figured out how to combine the recording with the BB file. I suppose this is spelled out quite clearly somewhere. I would appreciate any suggestions. Aloha.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Simple recording with backing - 08/24/13 08:03 AM
Hi Limau,

If you record your instrument to the Band in a Box audio track you can then go into windows to rename the audio track so that it shows up as a performance track.
See the forum instructions Here

Hope this helps

George

P.S. Read all the forum (get 2 or more audio tracks) as it gives more info.
Posted By: Limau Re: Simple recording with backing - 08/24/13 11:09 PM
Thanks George, but the linked discussion seems to go off on a couple of tangents. I did not see how they related to my question.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Simple recording with backing - 08/25/13 09:47 AM
Hi Limau,

Sorry if I have the wrong idea.

Can you clarify if you can record in Biab or if the sound of the uke is the problem.

Just trying to help.

George
Posted By: Sundance Re: Simple recording with backing - 08/26/13 09:49 PM
Limau,

Record the uke to the audio track in BB and it will play back with the other BB tracks in the song.

OR open you BB file in Realband and then record your uke and anything else you wish to record on it's own track and mix down to your liking.
Posted By: Limau Re: Simple recording with backing - 08/27/13 06:34 AM
Thanks George and Sundance, I am making progress now.
Posted By: bostonx Re: Simple recording with backing - 09/09/13 12:55 AM
i actually do it a bit different. I use biab to create the backing tracks ie i create the song,freeze the tracks, and then save down all the tracks as one audio track (stereo) then, I save down each individual tracks of the instruments into a folder. I put the individual tracks into a folder and save them for later. next i take the created song file (stereo wav) and import it into my 4 track. now I have a backing track, and i live record my guitars or vocals. Once done with that i export just the guitar and vocal tracks from my 4 track into the folder with the rest of the individual tracks, and import them all into sonar to do my editing, mixing, mastering ect... the original backing track can then be discarded.... complicated? yes but you have a ton of control over each track, and then you can add in additional midi tracks in sonar...
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Simple recording with backing - 09/09/13 12:32 PM
Didn't Real Band just add some new Uke real tracks in the 2013 version?

I thought I saw them in there. I have not had the need for them so I have not used them.......

My suggestion would be to save and close the BB project then simply reopen it in Real Band. Let it render the tracks and then simply add a new track and select the Uke real track to see how it sounds.
© PG Music Forums