PG Music Home
Posted By: r2k4jc Real Drums issue - 11/02/13 05:12 PM
Hi,

I have a song where every other chord is pushed by 1/8. I'm using Real Tracks (a smooth jazz style), and the kick drum does not follow the push, i.e. it plays after the pushed chord.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks,
Russ
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Drums issue - 11/02/13 05:25 PM
Which program are you using?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Real Drums issue - 11/02/13 07:07 PM
Also you will get more responses if you put this in the proper forum, either Band-in-a-Box “for your OS” or RealBand.
Posted By: Mac Re: Real Drums issue - 11/02/13 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: r2k4jc
Hi,

I have a song where every other chord is pushed by 1/8. I'm using Real Tracks (a smooth jazz style), and the kick drum does not follow the push, i.e. it plays after the pushed chord.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks,
Russ

Hi Russ,

You may be in a situation where you have a version of BB that was issued before all of the Realtracks/Realdrums Shot and Hold files were made.

The Updates page for BB Realtracks and Realdrums should still contain the updates for these and at the same time you should make sure you have upgraded your copy of BB to the latest update release for the version as well.

If you are already up to date all the way around and still have this particular problem with the drums not responding to the Push, there may be a corrupted bb file that needs to be rebuilt, it happens, go to the Options menu inside BB and hit the Return to Factory Settings button, which rebuilds that file, and then test operation.

If still no joy, it may be a corrupted songfile, try hitting New, invoke the same Style and enter a few bars with the pushes and check operation there.

--Mac
Posted By: r2k4jc Re: Real Drums issue - 11/16/13 04:34 PM
I'm running 2012.5 with the latest upgrade. I tried the factory reset, and nothing changed. But on closer listening, the push is there but this particular style features an extra kick beat on the 3, which is actually more pronounced than the push beat.

Thanks for your help, Mac. Guess I'll be doing some audio editing of the drum track...
© PG Music Forums