PG Music Home
Posted By: CathodE N/A RealTracks / RealDrums question? - 11/10/13 08:17 PM
Hi folks,

I am new to BIAB - more or less - just starting to get my feet wet.

I received as a gift (Christmas 2012) BIAB 2012.5 "MEGAPAK" for Mac

Originally all of my downloaded files were loaded onto an external HD, which had a failure. And so I had PG resend all the .dmg files and installed on new drive - no problem.

I don't have enough headroom/available space on my Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.8) to hold all of the RealTracks & drums on the computer running the software (the REQUIRED packages were installed on the Mac running BIAB) SO - all of the Real files (real combos, tracks, & drums) are on the external drive.

In the preferences dialog, I have successfully pointed to the correct hard disc which holds these files, BUT, why do I continue to get messages saying either the STYLE or that INSTRUMENT is N/A???

I would think that BIAB 2012.5 would have included with it all of the paks that previous versions had, as well as the new?

Like I was trying to add an accordion soloist to a piece I worked hard on ... N/A - I was heartbroken. Please help with ideas!

Thanks you,

Chris
Posted By: Mac Re: N/A RealTracks / RealDrums question? - 11/10/13 09:15 PM
Hi Chris,

I would think it highly unlikely that you would get any RealTracks that were not included in your original 2012.5 release purchase.

But should you have any doubts, it would likely be cleared up a lot faster by contacting PGMusic Sales Support on the issue.

--Mac
Posted By: CathodE Re: N/A RealTracks / RealDrums question? - 11/10/13 09:25 PM
Thanks, Mac -

I was not expecting any additional RealTracks (they did resend the files which came with the original purchase following failure of my HD)

So if I am seeing "N/A", it's not likely that BIAB cant "FIND" the files on my system - but instead more like, these are styles that exist in other sets which I have not purchased. Is that about right??

And I can purchase these sets separately from PG? (I want as many JAZZ real tracks and real drums as I can get access to.

Thanks again - good to know there is help,

Chris
Posted By: Mac Re: N/A RealTracks / RealDrums question? - 11/10/13 11:09 PM
Well, about the quickest way I'd know to find out if one or more of those N/A are supposed to be included in your purchase or not would still be to ask the source directly.

--Mac
I would also assume that the "missing" styles are ones that are NOT included in the version you have purchased.

It would be well worth the time to call PG Support since they can quickly determine that and get you straightened out if that is not the case.

A corrupted file can cause issues and they will help you with that if that has happened.

I have found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful when I have had issues.
© PG Music Forums