PG Music Home
Posted By: Jed Entering notation - 12/31/13 09:34 AM
Hi,
Please excuse my BIAB/musical ignorance. I'm trying to enter notation on a piano staff. Mostly (so far) it's going OK but I don't seem to be able to enter notes lower than C5 (tick 29)?? on the treble clef staff lines. Have tried to find info in manual etc. but no success. Help/advice would be appreciated. Thank you. David
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 09:43 AM
That's true, such pitches are entered on the bass clef. Let me check later if this default can be changed. In the meantime, look in Preferences, Notation to see if you can change the split point.
Posted By: Mac Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 10:59 AM
In Notation Edit view, go to Options and locate the area with dropdown near center bottom. Here you can set the Split Point such that you would have ledger lines and notes below where middle C is currently set.

For example, changing that setting to C4 would extend down one octave.

--Mac
Posted By: Jed Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 11:54 AM
Thank you for the advice. I've tried playing around with the options but can't really get treble notes below C5....I can get high treble notes low bass notes but nothing in the middle section ?! It must be achievable as they can be seen on music loaded from a file. However, I notice that if I hover the curser over these notes it's value doesn't show up in the panel next to the edit options ? Thanks, David
Posted By: Mac Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 12:16 PM
Do you have it set to show Grand Staff View, with both treble and bass clefs showing? Set it for single treble instrument.

Also, I once had a problem with that, and it took going under the Options menu and doing a Return to Factory Settings to get things back right again.

--Mac
Posted By: Mac Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 12:18 PM
Also, which VERSION of bb is this and have you installed the latest Update file for it?
Posted By: Jed Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 12:38 PM
Sadly it's a 2011 version ! and no I haven't installed the latest update files for it !! Which I guess may not help...but does it explain why the "file" songs have the lower treble clef notes showing ? Thanks again.
Posted By: Mac Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 12:59 PM
Here is a link to the Update file, worth downloading and installing, even if it doesn't fix your current problem, though it might:

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#319b
Posted By: Jed Re: Entering notation - 12/31/13 01:27 PM
Hi Mac, Thanks for the link I've installed it but the problems remains....also installed the update for the "Essential Blues Guitar Vol. 2" as I was feeling guilty...now that's crashed completely !! I'll have to leave bb for a while now and get back to it in a couple of days. Thanks for your help and best wishes for the New Year, David
© PG Music Forums