PG Music Home
Posted By: TomD Recording from iTracksolo by Focusrite - 01/20/14 06:22 PM
I am attempting to make my Focusrite iTracksolo USB interface work with Realband or BIAB. I am unable to make the ASIO interface work. I am running BIAB 2010.5 with Windows 7.

Steps taken so far: Downloaded and installed the USB 2.0 drivers from Focusrite website, set my control panel to enable iTracksolo, and set drivers in BIAB (and realband) to use ASIO.

Results: No input or output via the itracksolor interface, or any BIAB audio output when set up this way. When I revert to speakers/laptop mic inputs (no usb interface) that works: so issue is not BIAB or a laptop issue.

By the way, instructions say to disconnect IOS device (iPAD) which I've also done. On the road the ipad set up works just fine, But at home I want to directly use BIAB/Realband using the PC interface.

Any advice or similar experience out there?
Posted By: Sundance Re: Recording from iTracksolo by Focusrite - 01/22/14 03:28 AM
Hi Tom,

You might get quicker and more help if you post this in the BIAB or Realband forum.

My Emu was very finicky and I had to disable the windows on board realtec audio sound in device manager for it to play nice in XP. On win 8 it works fine - go figure...

Anyway there are way more tech savvy than me around here - an understatement. LOL! Just want to make sure they see your post asking for help and that's why I suggested asking in the other forums.

Josie
Posted By: TomD Re: Recording from iTracksolo by Focusrite - 01/23/14 06:00 AM
Thanks,
I reloaded drivers and rebooted computer, that seemed to make drivers work. I found that suggested on another site.
Posted By: Mac Re: Recording from iTracksolo by Focusrite - 01/23/14 12:38 PM
I have found that it is imperative that I first physically connect any USB sound device to the computer before starting up Band in a Box or the program can't recognize the device.

Apparently, when BB is first started up on a session, it looks for available sound devices and if my USB devices are not plugged in and recognized by the os, they may show up in the bb selection menu as highlighted, but they won't work.

Maybe that's an issue at your end, thought I'd mention it just in case.

--Mac
Posted By: TomD Re: Recording from iTracksolo by Focusrite - 01/24/14 01:33 AM
You are correct on that, thanks.
© PG Music Forums