PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Kontakt Session Strings integration? - 02/07/14 06:45 PM
Can NI's "Session Strings" be used with Real Band or another DAW such as Sonar?

I note in System Requirements that it needs Kontakt Player or Kontakt 5 to work

Is there a process to integrate this instrument set, either e.g. directly as a VST, or integrate Kontakt Player, or how else can it be used?

Thanks for any info
Yes to both.

Kontakt works as a plug in with both your Sonar DAW as well as a plug in BB/RB.

I normally use Kontakt as a plug but I think it also runs as a stand alone VST if you wish to use it that way.

I don't have session strings, I had considered buying it since it sounds good, but I really don't write much stuff that has string parts so I opted to save the money and use some of the other string samples I have including a bunch of nice stuff in Kontakt itself. Heck, there's an entire orchestra in that thing plus more.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Kontakt Session Strings integration? - 02/09/14 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yes to both.

I normally use Kontakt as a plug but I think it also runs as a stand alone VST if you wish to use it that way.

Thanks Herb, so when you mention that you "normally use Kontakt as a plug ", you mean Kontakt Player or Kontakt 5 (or both)?
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yes to both.

Thanks Herb, so when you mention that you "normally use Kontakt as a plug ", you mean Kontakt Player or Kontakt 5 (or both)?

I have the Komplete 6 collection....(yeah, it's an old package now but it still works fine) so it's the version of Kontakt 4 that came with it. I used to have a Kontakt player (the free version they are giving away) but that one stayed on my lappy when I built my DAW. K-6 is on the DAW with the full featured version of Kontakt.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Kontakt Session Strings integration? - 02/25/14 01:41 PM
Using RealBand, if you use Kontakt Player as a plugin then add an instrument to the Kontakt plugin, and also add another plugin effect (e.g. PG Reverb), does Kontakt both with selected Instrument and the Reverb reload next time you open that song?

This doesn't work for me with RB, and I suspect it's an operational issue with RB. (BiaB is OK)

Interested to hear if it works for anyone else.

Thanks
Trevor

© PG Music Forums