PG Music Home
I am mixing backing tracks - acoustic piano and bass-that I want to use as backing with my sax, live. Some of the realtrack pianos come out distorted when I play back on itunes. How can I stop this from happening? Then, also, some of the finished tracks come out louder than others when i play them back on itunes....anybody else have this happen, and how were you able to not have tis happen? - thanks in advance! P.S. I'm using Mac version 2013, with a mac powerbook pro.
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forums.

I may be wrong but it sounds like the Realtrack might be being used at a tempo that's significantly different from the tempo at which it was designed to be played.

Realtracks are recorded to be played back at a specific speed. For example, 470:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm, Bossa, EV140 indicates that this RT was designed for use at a tempo of 140. Some variation on either side of this value usually works ok (say 125'ish to 160'ish); it is track dependent, though, and some tracks don't offer as much tempo variation as others. If the tempo varies too greatly, the RT audio file has to be stretched or compressed significantly and, as a consequence, audio artifacts are introduced. These sound like distortion.

An exception to the above are the [color:Green]halftime[/green] and [color:Green]doubltime[/green] options. These allow RTs to be played back at tempos that are twice as fast and half as fast as the designed tempo.

Kind regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums