PG Music Home
Posted By: PlaybackFreak MIDI Files - Notation - Real Tracks - 04/18/14 02:49 PM
Dear PG Music Community,

I exported a MIDI FIle with Real Tracks. Here the Bass Notation is available. (See attachment)
If I open the MIDI File in some other Notation software, the only track I have here in Score View is the drums track.

So:
Is the notation I have in BIAB not available in the MIDI File when using RealTracks?
The problem is that there are several notes in the TAB that are not really playable position wise in the Bass Track, which I´d like to alter manually. Most of the time you have the high on the bass on 12th fret on a String rather thatn 2nd fret on g-string some notes in the tab are missing, too (please see attachment, too)

I have the 2012 Band-in-a-Box UltraPlusPak...

Thx for your help!
Best regards
Tim

Attached picture Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-18 um 17.03.43.png
Attached picture Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-18 um 17.12.50.png
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MIDI Files - Notation - Real Tracks - 04/19/14 01:09 AM
Hi Tim,

Realtrack notation is a consequence of someone having sat down and transcribed an audio file into a midi file. This midi is then used by BIAB to show notation for that specific Realtrack.

Thus, according to the image you've posted, when you saved the midi file, you should have had midi information for Bass, Guitar and Strings saved (since these have notation associated with them). Midi drums will also have been automatically substituted for the Realdrums so they too should have been saved.

From what you have written, it sounds like only the midi drum track is seen when you open the midi file in your notation software. If that's the case, it's most likely due to your music software only importing a single channel of information.

Midi channels used by BIAB can be found under Opt | Preferences | Channels. As the image below shows, my settings are ...

Bass track = midi channel 2
Guitar track = midi channel 6
Strings track = midi channel 7
Drums track = midi channel 10

If only the midi drums are showing up in your music notation software, it suggests be that only midi channel 10 is being imported.

Another possibility that springs to mind is that the song was not properly generated before you saved your midi file.

I hope I'm on the right track because I was a little confused when I read your initial post.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums