PG Music Home
Posted By: csassakb I need help with the repeat function - 04/29/14 05:12 PM
All

I just created a backing track for Take the A Train.

Here is the first 8 bars and where I'm having an issue

C, C, D7b5, D7b5, D-7, G7, C, C, then repeat that and go to a C9

I created a repeat at the end of bar 8 so it will go back and play those first 8 bars again and then on the second time around, instead of playing two measures of C, it should be one C and one C9 and then on with the rest of the song

What is happening is it does repeat and go back to the start, but it is ONLY playing the C major. It isn't playing the D7b5, D-7, G7 or anything else. JUST the C

Help please
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I need help with the repeat function - 04/30/14 06:41 AM
Hi csassakb,

Have a look at the below webpage.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbmac.htm

Under the "Intermediate section" (in the third column on my monitor), there's a video clip called "Band In A Box Repeats and Fakesheet Mode". This should help.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. For what it's worth, I never use repeats, I prefer to lay the song out fully as a single chorus. That gives me much more control over part-markers and bar settings.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: I need help with the repeat function - 04/30/14 11:31 AM
Yes, I would not use repeats for an eight-bar phrase; just enter those added bars (or copy them; there are at least two ways). I realize a lead sheet may use the repeat sign.

Save the BIAB repeat for a major function, usually the whole song (which BIAB calls one chorus).
Posted By: csassakb Re: I need help with the repeat function - 04/30/14 04:18 PM
Thank you
© PG Music Forums