PG Music Home
Posted By: pooch Saving chords to a file - 09/20/14 06:38 PM
Is there any way to save the chords from a BIAB file to a 'regular' file? Our new guitar player needs lead sheets to all our tunes, and I don't want to print out 80 some songs... what I want is what I see when I print preview a BIAB song - simply the chords and the full arrangement.

Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/20/14 08:31 PM
If you mean, create a PDF file of the song, Yes - several ways. I use a little free utility called CutePDF. Once installed, you select this instead of your regular printer, and it saves what would have been printed as as a PDF file instead.

There are other utilities too. Plus, if you have BIAB version 2014, I believe a new equivalent printer utility comes with it.

BIAB also can print your score as a JPG image.
Posted By: pooch Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/20/14 09:25 PM
Got CutePDF and the resulting file had all boxes where the chords should be..???
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/21/14 01:07 AM
pooch,

I use Bullzip pdf printer. Below is a link to one of my pdf files that I've printed with it (if you want see what it looks like).

link to leadsheet: "Never Again"

The leadsheet was printed from the Leadsheet view in BIAB.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/21/14 02:42 AM
The PDF printer should work. What you describe sounds like BIAB fonts were not installed. Did you run Setup and install BIAB?
Posted By: rharv Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/21/14 10:07 PM
Recent BiaB comes with a 'Print to PDF' type app included.
Its called PDF995.

I often use CutePDF on various machines also, but the included one might be worth trying (under Print options also).

Attached picture PrintPDF.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Saving chords to a file - 09/21/14 11:27 PM
Bob got it - PDF995 was the one I was trying to remember.

But any of these printer utilities will print "boxes" or other gibberish if the half-dozen or so PG Music fonts are not installed on the computer.
© PG Music Forums