PG Music Home
Posted By: aleck rand Kontakt 5 player. HELLLLP! - 11/20/14 10:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I installed Kontakt 5 player successfully and it appears as a recognized plug-in in RealBand. By sheer accident, I even got it to play some midi sounds using Native Instruments' free sounds samples.

But can anyone tell me how to add new instruments, more stacked synths in the right-hand pane, assign channels. What is the role of the browser on the bottom in all of this? Is that where the critical choice takes place? How do you get anything more than the first channel to play when the outputs are exposed? It looks like those other columns should be assignable to other instruments, but how?

Any and all help will be most appreciated.

Dean Clark (aka Aleck Rand)
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Kontakt 5 player. HELLLLP! - 11/22/14 10:38 AM
Hi Dean, please take a look at your inbox ;-)
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Kontakt 5 player. HELLLLP! - 11/22/14 10:42 AM
Man.... you're gonna love Kontakt if you're new to it..... once you figure it out...that is. I have a bunch of sounds in it both the default and third party things.... and they're all in the "available window" I think it's called the browser view window......

I have not used my K4 in so long it would be like starting over....

I recall something about using the browser view but beyond that, I would suggest YOUTUBE as your go-to source for info.

All the wiz-kids get things and want to show how smart they are, so they make instructional videos and that, is a great thing for folks like me. Yup... I'd hit YOUTUBE and look up that specific issue.

TRY THIS>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjXHlj772EI

After watching that video.... I used the search method.... I would install the new instrument to a folder in a known location and then search for it with the browser.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Kontakt 5 player. HELLLLP! - 11/22/14 06:41 PM
Dean, I have been swamped here at home and have had little time to answer. If you are still having problems just let me know as I should have some time tomorrow to be able to help.

Ps - I have found that quickload is much easier to use than the browser.
© PG Music Forums