PG Music Home
Posted By: Mjay Complete Songs - 02/03/15 08:49 AM
What are the chances of been able to acquire complete country songs, just ready to play. I'm new to the program, lazy and looking for instant gratifications.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Complete Songs - 02/03/15 03:53 PM
Lets see..... you could google "free midi country songs" and get the midi versions....or

It takes about 5 minutes to input the chords to most songs..... Get the verse correct, then copy and paste....same thing with the chorus,,,, copy the lines for a tag.... work out any bridges and intro's and waaa laaa...

I'll bet there's someone who has done this and has the MGU files on a site somewhere for covers to country songs..... Yup.... just google it and you'll see.
Posted By: jford Re: Complete Songs - 02/05/15 03:09 PM
It's not free, but you could always get Bob Norton's "Ultimate Country Fake Disk", based on the "Ultimate Country Fake Book 5th Edition" published by Hal Leonard Corporation. The files are just accompaniment (SGU files, no melody), but used along with the actual fake book, you can provide the melody.

Norton's Ultimate Country Fake Disk

The Norton fake disk is $48.95 and you can get the bound fake book at Amazon.com for $35.83.

I will mention that many of the songs (not all) use Norton Styles, so if you don't have them, you'll have to substitute PGMusic provided styles. Nevertheless, he has done all the chord progression input for you, which is the bulk of the work.
© PG Music Forums