PG Music Home
Posted By: The harpster Muted - 02/06/16 10:13 PM
I am having a problem with recording in BIAB (BIAB15) (prob # 1) when I plug in the mike to record, the sound goes mute.
I thought it may be due to the face that I do not have ASIO active, so I changed it from MME to ASIO, that didn't work, (PROB # 2) I forgot where the settings are to change it back to MME.
Anyone.???
Thanks in advance.
Walt
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Muted - 02/06/16 10:26 PM
options>midi/audio driver set up will give you access to MME/ASIO settings.
Posted By: The harpster Re: Muted - 02/06/16 11:22 PM
OK thanks I have it back to MME however when in record, the music goes mute.???
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Muted - 02/07/16 01:35 AM
Walt,

Good to see you again. It's been a while! Have a look through this post and see if it helps.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: The harpster Re: Muted - 02/13/16 05:09 PM
Noel, nice to see you again as well...!
I went through all the suggestions however, When in "record" mode, (it doesn't matter what program I'm recording in" the music is muted.
I didn't try a pro mic only because I have done a lot of recording from the mic I have "shure sm58".
Any other suggestions.?
Thanks, Walt
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Muted - 02/13/16 10:44 PM
Walt,

To change the setting back to MME, simply go "Opt | Preferences | Audio" and then select MME from the drop down list.

When you are in this Audio diaglogue box, select the "Audio Drivers..." button and make sure that, for the input, "Microphone" is selected and for the output that "Speakers" is selected (if that is an option). If it's not an option, make sure that Sound Mapper is not selected.

Below is how my computer is set. These names are controlled by the soundcard so yours will probably be a little different. They should be similar, though.

You'll probably need to exit and restart BIAB for these changes to take effect.

See if this helps.
Noel

Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Muted - 02/14/16 08:31 AM
To recap my understanding of your problem:

In BIAB -

You can hear output from BIAB and 'other programs'

You can plug in the Shure SM58 and hear music

When you press 'record', the music mutes.
------
Questions:

When you say other programs, are you indicating all sound output from the computer mutes? If so, the issue is likely not a BIAB issue but elsewhere in your system chain.

Does the sound mute when you plug in the mic or when you hit record?

Can you hear the mic output when you record?

What are you plugging the SM58 into to interface/connect it with your computer?

------

Posted By: rharv Re: Muted - 02/14/16 02:29 PM
In Audio Prefs look for a check box labeled Full Duplex, make sure it is enabled.

Also, in Windows recording options it is possible to tell Windows to 'listen to this device' and then assign it to another output. I suppose it is possible when you go to record, Windows gets set to output on another device (?)
It would be strange, but I suppose it is possible.
Posted By: The harpster Re: Muted - 02/15/16 03:39 PM
Hello everyone, and thanks for all the support. Since our last confab, my hard drive died. I called BIAB and they replaced it. I just got it an hour ago and trying it out. The first thing I did was to record to a BIAB, the one I have been trying to record to all along. I was somewhat supprised to see that it did record as it suppose to. So, guess we can blame the record problem on a bad hard drive...!
But,it has another problem that I have never had before, again in recording.
At about bar 8, while in playback,the recorded vocal speeds up the bpm of the song.
I'll reiterate my system.
BIAB 2015 _ Windows7
Thanks again, I'll be looking for your reply.
© PG Music Forums