PG Music Home
Posted By: dga Anyone using FLSTUDIOMUSIC products - 04/23/16 08:21 PM
http://www.flstudiomusic.com/category/vsti

Came across this site and wondered if anybody is using some of their free products?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Anyone using FLSTUDIOMUSIC products - 04/24/16 10:53 PM
Nope. But I have downloaded some of the freebies offered through the Bedroom Producer Blog. I find I get a lot of value, and typically agree with, the product reviews too. ++ Here is a link ++
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Anyone using FLSTUDIOMUSIC products - 04/24/16 11:13 PM
I haven't used any of their products. FL Studio is from the old free Fruity Loops. I recall it was very popular among young non-musicians who wanted to assemble music, but I've lost touch with the company.
Posted By: dga Re: Anyone using FLSTUDIOMUSIC products - 04/25/16 12:33 AM
Thanks
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Anyone using FLSTUDIOMUSIC products - 05/23/16 07:51 PM
Hi David,

My son bought the full version back when it was still Fruity Loops, and the deal at the time included free updates forever. Pretty good deal!

FLStudio is (in my opinion) a very clever paradigm that works particularly well in the world of dance music, EDM, Techno etc, because the way it works tends to make everything 100% quantized.

I have tried to buy it a couple of times because it fascinates me so much... but my ongoing objection is that the interface is so different from what I'm used to... I just can't make sense of it.

My son, on the other hand, hit the ground running with it.

I'd recommend downloading the free version to see if you like it. If I could get a handle on it, it would DEFINITELY be one of the tools in my musical toolbox.

Or maybe instead of downloading it you could get a pretty good idea just from watching tutorials on youtube. I see it as a highly innovative program that isn't terribly expensive and has a very loyal following (mostly young people, which makes their forum a lot different from this one)
© PG Music Forums