PG Music Home
I currently use Adobe Audition and am not really happy with their built-in ability to slow down or speed up songs without changing the pitch.

Has anyone had experience with using a commercial or free plugin that will accomplish the same thing. It can be either 32bit or 64bit, does not matter.

What I am looking for is good quality in the results.

I have used both Transcriber and Amazing Slow Downer and they both work very well though personally I think that ASD has better quality. Problem is they are stand along programs and do not offer plugin capability.

Obviously I am looking to accomplish this directly within my DAW of choice.

jcland
Download Tracktion 5 for free. It includes elastique natively.
What's your DAW of choice? SONAR does this better than Audition.
REAPER also excellent for this and has a very generous 60-day trial so you could test it out to see if it achieves what you need.
I'm a Reaper recommender too.
I recommend Reaper also. I haven't had the need since starting to use Reaper a few months ago. But, I was using Audacity to do this in the past. However, I was not using it to expect a studio quality track so I never judged the sound quality. I only used it for figuring out fast guitar riffs and also for slowing things down for a student to learn tempo and timing. Audacity is free and your DAW might host it as an editor.
© PG Music Forums