PG Music Home
Posted By: dunbar7376 Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 07/31/17 12:34 AM
Hello,

The Korg plugins legacy collection is on sale online here:
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/

Presumably I can bring these plugins right into Band in Box, is that true (and not RB)? These are designed to work with 64bit DAW's.

For example, I can have a little MIDI bass line going, and use one of the Korg sounds perform it in Band In A Box?

Thank you,
Dunbar7376 / Tom Marvan.
Posted By: rharv Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 07/31/17 07:27 PM
Except for it saying "The Ultimate Virtual Instrument Pack", I don't see where it states these are normal VSTi's

If they are, they should work in both Realband and BiaB once installed and recognized, and assuming you have 'jbridge' installed to run a 64 bit VSTi plugin. . found here
https://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm
I haven't bought/tested these, so do let us know if you have any issues.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 07/31/17 08:47 PM
I have the M1, MDE-X and the WaveStation and they are normal VSTis. However I have not tried them in BiaB or RB.
1. I have the whole collection - the .dlls are ALL 32 bit. None are 64 bit and they aren't offered in 64 bit. Like 90+% of all Win 64 applications they are simply 32-bit apps that WORK in win 7/8/10 64-bit so they may say "designed to work in Win 64" or other nonsense.

2. They are all standard VSTi's and they work in RB/BIAB/PT

3. FYI: To test a dll to see if is 32 or 64 bit there is a little utility called PE Deconstructor. Here is ONE discussion on the subject and down the page a link to the utility I use it a lot

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/495244/how-can-i-test-a-windows-dll-file-to-determine-if-it-is-32-bit-or-64-bit

Larry
Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/01/17 03:23 PM
Larry, according to this they are now in 64 bit:

http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_legacy_collection/

When I updated mine they were put in my 64 bit VSTi folder and in Sonar's utility manager I see no wrappers around them. Thus I assume they are a true 64 bit VSTi.
MY Apologies - I see the ad DOES say they ARE in 64-bit now, I missed reading that

but since the 32-bit works in all my 32 and 64 bit apps without issue I'm not killing myself to get the updates (if they even offer updates)

Larry

Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/01/17 04:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
MY Apologies - I see the ad DOES say they ARE in 64-bit now, I missed reading that

but since the 32-bit works in all my 32 and 64 bit apps without issue I'm not killing myself to get the updates (if they even offer updates)

Larry

No need to apologize; I have been there - done that many time grin

The update was free so you may want to DL it and save it for when every piece of software is 64 bit.
Yep: FOOT-IN-MOUTH-DISEASE (in this case keyboard in mouth)

Turns out when I went back and unzipped the ZIPS I had ALREADY downloaded two+ years ago, for all the entire Legacy Collection - they each HAD 64 bit versions, DUH!

I'll be out back administering 40 lashes to myself

Not sure why I never bothered to install the 64-bit ones? Probably because no compelling need (to date on any of my 64-BIT DAWs)

Larry

PS - MarioD ignore my PM I've already checked they are actually complied as 64-bit.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/02/17 10:31 AM
Larry, you do not have, and I quote, "FOOT-IN-MOUTH-DISEASE (in this case keyboard in mouth)".

You have the same dreaded disease that I have. It is call CRS! You shouldn't worry about it as it only gets worse as you get older!
Copy, I really CRS about anything anymore mad
Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/02/17 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Copy, I really CRS about anything anymore mad

What were we talking about wink
Posted By: rharv Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/02/17 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You shouldn't worry about it as it only gets worse as you get older!

Which is self-healing .. eventually you don't even remember you have it ..
/ducking
Posted By: MarioD Re: Korg Legacy Collection Plug ins on Sale - 08/02/17 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
Originally Posted By: MarioD
You shouldn't worry about it as it only gets worse as you get older!

Which is self-healing .. eventually you don't even remember you have it ..
/ducking

Have what?
© PG Music Forums