PG Music Home
Posted By: murf100 certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 08:11 AM
I've run into a recurrent problem generating real tracks. When I attempt to generate certain tracks, only 1 or 2 bars are created. For example I try to generate a waltz fiddle track and get only 2 bars. On the same track it will generate the entire track if I select waltz mandolin. This has happened many times, on many different songs. Any suggestions?
Brian
Posted By: Noel96 Re: certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 08:25 AM
Brian,

Give us the Realtrack number of the waltz fiddle so we forum users can check it. Maybe there is a problem with it.

I cannot immediately think of any reason why this would happen. The only thought that springs to mind are bar settings (F5) but if you regenerated another instrument on the same track then the same bar settings would apply... but this doesn't seem to be the case given your description.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 10:13 AM
Yes, give us the RealTrack number please.

Is this BIAB 2017 for Windows or Mac? What build (Help, About)?

Try Options, Return to Factory Settings. Reboot and restart BIAB.

Is your computer older? There are a few settings in Options, Preferences, RealTracks that you could try. Look for the checkboxes that mention problem or slower computer. Even if your computer is a screamer, try this.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 10:32 AM
And if you are concurrently running any apps close them. I’m a Mac user but I’m sure Windows has a memory usage monitor that you might want to check.
Posted By: murf100 Re: certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 02:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try minimizing the other things running...I suspect you are right, that it may be a lack of memory problem on my PC. It tends to happen with more complex tracks like fiddle
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: certain real tracks won't generate - 11/10/17 04:25 PM
The soloist tracks do take longer to generate.
© PG Music Forums