PG Music Home
Posted By: cubalibre Final mixing and tracks control - 12/16/17 06:13 AM
BIAB 2017
Hi,
the biab mixer seems to me poor of options and possibility of controls. If I adjust the volume of a track I see that the volume of the others changes too. They are not independent.
After I created the song with my midi and audio tracks, I would like to mix tracks, adjust tones and volumes. Maybe I'll have to export the created tracks and import them into another program.
What can I do?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Final mixing and tracks control - 12/16/17 07:39 AM
Track volumes in the mixer are independent. It sounds like you've set something that's overriding these.

Perhaps, have you been using bar settings to set specific volumes at different locations in the song? These settings will override the mixer volumes.
Posted By: cubalibre Re: Final mixing and tracks control - 12/16/17 08:01 AM
No I did not do anything. I noticed that while I varying the volume of a track by moving the slider I feel that other tracks are affected .... for example, if the bass volume is low, I feel that the drum track gets up by itself ... even the trebles of the drum become more obvious.
Maybe it's just my feeling.

Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Final mixing and tracks control - 12/16/17 09:41 AM
For mixing in BIAB, I view the volume controls in the mixer to be a master volume reference rather than volume controls. 90 is a relative level used by the program and mixer volume changes are percentage changes referenced to the 90 standard rather than just a gain change. When you render a mix, the volume and panning controls cannot be used in real time to alter volume and panning so they have to be set prior to a render and are static throughout the render. In order mix during a render, another process is necessary.

I automate my mix and render using bar settings. Gain changes and fades can be done at each bar. An example where I would do a gain change is at a solo break where I may increase the gain of my soloist while reducing the gain of other instruments so the soloist would be featured without interference. I would then lower the soloist and bring up the other instruments at the bar where the solo ends.
© PG Music Forums