PG Music Home
Posted By: therealex Where are PG effects located? - 12/19/17 09:55 AM
I remember there was a BIAB/Realband effect for vocals where you could "gender bender" the sound. I use BIAB for pre-production, making rough versions of songs, and then do the demos in Sonar (Platinum). I realized NONE of the BIAB effects show up in Sonar, probably because I'm not pointing to them.

So, where are they located? And, is that vocal effect still available? I've been using BIAB for many years, going through all the version (starting with one of the early DOS versions), so I should still have all of the effects. Although, from what I gather, 32 bit effects don't work with 64 bit Sonar.

Any help would be appreciate.

- Russ
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Where are PG effects located? - 12/19/17 10:51 AM
There are vocal and other preset effects in RealBand. On an audio track, Rt click and in the menu window that appears, select Track Category to access the presets. In that same window, there you can access additional effect selecting Audio Effects.

You also have Dx and VST effects by selecting the Fx Button on a track.
Posted By: jford Re: Where are PG effects located? - 12/19/17 12:17 PM
The PG Effects are either the destructive effects built into the program, or DX effects (not VST effects) that get installed when you install the program (as long as you checked the check box to do so). So, when you look at your effects list in RealBand (or BIAB), look for the ones that start with PG. They are 32-bit effects, so Sonar 64-bit won't see them.
it (but 32-bit Sonar should see them).

The destructive effects are under the Audio Effects rightclick menu in the program, but won't be available in any other DAW.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Where are PG effects located? - 12/19/17 03:28 PM
If you are talking about the physical location of the DX .dlls and you want to control WHERE the PG DX stuff gets installed you can always re-run the following (it was run at installation time unless you “unchecked” it):

"X:\..\BB\Data\Installers\pgdg_plug_2_0_0.exe" where "X:\.." is the drive and any subfolder, if any, where you INSTALLED BB (in may case that woudl be D:\Music\bb..."

Now as to WHERE the DX stuff gets installed: since they are DX (and NOT VST's) items they are inserted into REGISTRY so if you want to move the PG DX plugins folder for some reason you need to re-run the above application and tell it where to install. Again these are NOT VST effects and should not be MOVED around like you can usually do with VST .dll's. To do that you would need some kind of DX utility but PG gave you the installer separately - so just us it to move these around if needed (and assuming that was the question)

as to where they are currently, they are PROBABLY installed at “x:\ ..\PowerTracks DirectX Plugins” where “X:\..” is the SAME level as the BB folder on that drive.

Good Luck
Larry
Posted By: rharv Re: Where are PG effects located? - 12/19/17 08:28 PM
OP mentioned 'Gender Bender', which to me sounds like it may be the TCHelicon Harmonizer he/she is referring to, which will not be available in any other DAW either.
Posted By: jford Re: Where are PG effects located? - 12/20/17 01:56 PM
Yep, if it's the TC-Helicon harmonizer, that's built directly into both the RealBand and BIAB programs (probably as part of the licensing agreement, as well as to ensure tracks are populated properly after generation).
© PG Music Forums