PG Music Home
Hi all :
I would like to record some songs played in my transverse Flute using Band in an Box as a PlayAlong, using my MacBook Pro... may you, please , explain me what can I do to connect my AKG microphone to the Mac and add the flute to the tracks generated by Band in a Box..?
Many Thanks in advance
Humbardi
The answer depends on the age of your MacBook Pro. Older machines have an audio in jack while newer machines do not.

If your computer has an audio in jack the AKG microphone plugs into a microphone preamplifier and the preamplifier will plug into the audio jack.

If your computer does not have an audio in jack then you will likely need an Apple adapter kit (camera kit) to provide an audio input port.
many thanks... but, what kind of Apple adapter is that ?
If your Mac has USB and OS 10 or later, take a look at Focusrite 2i2
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlet2i2G2?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpayku4mg2AIVBrjACh2ZrA1-EAQYASABEgLiXvD_BwE
Here are two options that work with your mic at cost comparison of $10 to $100 USD. Both are Plug and Play with no drivers necessary.

Bob's (Rharv) recommendation provides many more recording options than these but you won't go wrong with the AGPTEK cable for $10 even if you opt to go with an interface that supplies software and DAW recording features.

All of the BIAB recording capabilities, included DXI plug ins will be available for use with the cable adaptor.

AGPTEK XLR - USB Cable

Shure X2U XLR-USB Adaptor
Originally Posted By: Humbardi
many thanks... but, what kind of Apple adapter is that ?
What ports does your MacPro have? How old is your MacPro? What operating system is it running?

If you have a free Thunderbolt or USB port you may not need an adapter.

I would visit an Apple store, use Google or talk to someone at the store where you purchased the machine and ask for guidance.

My laptop uses the Windows operating system so my advise concerning Apple computers should be taken with caution.
mi Macbook Pro is a Mid 2009,,,
I connect the Apple headphones into the side port to use the mic that comes with the headphones, but when I select in the menu MELODY ... RECORD MELODY it does not record any thing. what is wrong ? many thanks and Happy Christmas
© PG Music Forums