PG Music Home
Posted By: chucki compatibility/interference of cubase & BIAB - 02/11/18 10:18 PM
OK, I've learned a lot but could somebody please tell me ?? Is there a certain set of tutorials or videos in sequence ?? or like step 1/2/3... I'm doing pretty good, I've got material down using in live shows smile that's a plus. Can I get a hand, I can't seem to get off the tech hill ?
There are PG Music videos +++ HERE +++ with more on YouTube by both PG Music and users. The ones on this website are divided into overview, set-up, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Groove3 has tutorial videos available +++ HERE +++ . There is a video series for both the Mac and Windows versions of Band-in-a-Box. I highly recommend downloading the videos as you will find them to be both a wonderful primer on how to get started with Band-in-a-Box as well as a useful quick reference later on.

I'm not understanding the topic header concerning Cubase and BiaB. Can you elaborate please.
Hey Jim thanks, I'll go back through the error log for BIAB to get the exact info. Basic question I have is ?? Can I run/use BIAB and Cubase on the same computer ?? Thanks for the info on the vids. I'll check it out
Yes, you can run BiaB and a DAW, CuBase in your case, simultaneously If they are using different audio interface drivers. By that I mean run BiaB using MME or WAS and Cubase using ASIO. I have done this for years with BiaB and Sonar and now with BiaB and Studio One Pro. This assumes you are using a Window's OS, I am not familiar with Macs so I don't know if that will work on them.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Thanks Mario;
I think U have helped me find my problem. Not being an expert computer guy, I've been trying to run both on asio. One last question, I see you've been doing this a minute. I'm almost 2 years, self taught, when can I start to see some light in my progress, it's infuriating. Thanks for your help Sir. smile
ASIO, with some obscure exceptions, can be run on only one audio program at a time. That's why Mario is correct. If you do your recording in a DAW, there isn't much reason to need an ASIO driver for BIAB (again, with exceptions).

As far as getting started, newer users seem to like the video series. Those of us older than dirt (like Mario) probably don't know the correct order, as they didn't exist when we started. We mostly learned by taking a song we know and playing around with it.

Questions quickly follow, but fellow users are here. When we get stumped, PG Music Support is great.
I run Cubase 9 and BIAB 2018 on the same computer. They work great together. I export all of my tracks individually to Cubase and do my mixing, mastering and other recording there.
© PG Music Forums