PG Music Home
Posted By: Charlie McG Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 09:40 AM
I'm trying to get 4 notes from a fiddle but it plays in a lower scale. How can I get the fiddle to play in a higher scale? Key of A. Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 10:29 AM
MIDI ? RealTrack ? Are these the only 4 notes the fiddle plays? More info please.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 11:50 AM
Real track. Only 4 notes. I record 1 note each on bars 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Then I'm going to copy & paste them to the timing I want. BIAB can't play in the timing I want. But they are playing on a low scale and I want them to be higher.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie McG
Real track. Only 4 notes. I record 1 note each on bars 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Then I'm going to copy & paste them to the timing I want. BIAB can't play in the timing I want. But they are playing on a low scale and I want them to be higher.

MIDI is the best way to change note pitches but some of these suggestions may work.

1 - You will need a program like Melodyne to change the pitch of audio. BUT and this is a BIG BUT if you change the pitch by more that a second or third you can run into some bad sounding artifacts. The higher or lower you change the pitch the more artifacts you will hear.

2 - if you put the your correct timing RTs on a track, save the track, open a new song, paste that corrected track then change keys then past it back in the song.

3 - change the songs key to A and if the fiddle sounds OK freeze the track and change the key back to the original then correct said timing. I think this will work but don't know for sure.

If all else fails I would be glad to help you out, just let me know.
Posted By: Charlie McG Re: Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 12:52 PM
Mario, I have Melodyne and never even thought about it. Duh! I Need an expert to tell me what to do. Changed it and the fiddle is doing the notes with two other instruments so this will do fine. And the other suggestions of yours are great too. Thanks a lot, pal.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lower scale & need higher scale - 02/13/18 06:26 PM
I'm glad things worked out for you.
© PG Music Forums