PG Music Home
Posted By: pooch Android apps - 02/13/18 09:52 AM
Suggestions please on the 'best' Android app for gig playback of a set list...having issues with double tapping,etc causing wrong song to play...
Thanks.
Posted By: pooch Re: Android apps - 02/19/18 01:18 PM
Is nobody using a tablet on gigs?
Posted By: rharv Re: Android apps - 02/19/18 11:41 PM
How are you currently trying to do this, and what app are you using?

If I were to attempt to use a tablet for gigs, I'd likely use a Windows tablet or Apple (iPad). Android would be my 3rd choice.

Are you using mp3/wav files for the set list, or are you trying some other format? Most tablets (including Android) should be able to do mp3/wav pretty easily.
The double-tap issue may be app specific, so knowing your starting point may help with suggestions.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Android apps - 02/20/18 12:12 PM
In circumstances where I've had to do similar, I just had my backing tracks exported as .mp3 or .wav files. I'd just play those directly from whatever media player happened to be on my tablet or phone. I find this works just as well or sometimes better than apps designed for gigging.

Just some food for thought smile
Posted By: lambada Re: Android apps - 02/22/18 09:43 PM
I use my Android phone to play back mp3s or wav files using Maple JB which costs a couple of dollars. It has a-b repeat option, detune, speed changer, EQ etc. Very versatile. There is a free version too, but I'm not sure what you loose. Also has playlists. I have one called gig. Obviously, with a phone you have to be in airplane mode and turn off WIFI when live. I got caught out by someone ringing me on Whatsapp through the WIFI. I use Bluetooth for my connection to avoid using the headphone socket on the phone. There are Bluetooth connectors now for pa's that don't have Bluetooth built in. Also, if someone wants to sing a song I don't know we have access to the web for karaoke / chords / whatever via the phone.
© PG Music Forums