PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/17/18 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13_mawXVXnY
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 09:29 AM
cool... it helps to know your craft first. and he does.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 12:03 PM
So refreshing to see excellent young skill and clear talent.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 01:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPoLeJJsbCw

There's more.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: TLMelvin Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 02:03 PM
So what DAW/program was he using? It amazes me how much can be done by software (on a laptop no less) than what used to be done in a recording studio involving much time and $.
Posted By: rharv Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: TLMelvin
So what DAW/program was he using? It amazes me how much can be done by software (on a laptop no less) than what used to be done in a recording studio involving much time and $.

The cool thing is it really doesn't matter which DAW; there are so many options these days.
And yes, producing good quality recordings can be done very cost effectively compared to years ago. So it's pretty much the talent/art/creativity that is the limiting factor now.

All Daws actually record the audio at the same quality (all things considered).

In other words audio recorded in ProTools, Powertracks, Reaper or any other will sound the same if the same interface/drivers are used in each.
After that it's all about your workflow and finding a DAW you are comfortable in.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 09:03 PM
He used several tools, Certainly ProTools and also Melodyne.

I guess his computer has a bunch of available tools. He certainly knows his way around them also.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/19/18 10:09 PM
He also seemed to have his levels somewhere near where he wanted them. There seemed to be very little if any tweaking of levels. Most of us spend a deal of time getting levels, EQ, delays etc close to right. Even in Melodyne it was a quick raising of one harmony then lowering of the next and all was fine and nicely balanced. I for one have never found everything just turns out perfect first go albeit the products are good.

My thoughts

Tony
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/20/18 11:03 AM
Wow - this was very interesting to watch! He's definitely a talented guy. I really enjoyed watching this - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/20/18 02:35 PM
Yeah..... Nahhhhhhhh

If the pictures were't there, you'd never guess.

To me that all sounded very similar..... don't believe me? Close your eyes and listen and try to ID.

His girl singer impression was the better one of the bunch.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Write A Hit In 60 Minutes - 03/20/18 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Yeah..... Nahhhhhhhh

If the pictures were't there, you'd never guess.

To me that all sounded very similar..... don't believe me? Close your eyes and listen and try to ID.

His girl singer impression was the better one of the bunch.

Are you kidding me? I thought he nailed every one of them, but what do I know? I'm just a mere human. grin
© PG Music Forums