PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/10/18 07:14 PM
There is cool free autotune out there I am sure you have heard of called GSNap. One really cool feature of this is that is you set it to midi, you can "snap" a section you want corrected to a midi part.

If you only want certain notes corrected (like the chorus is hard) it will only correct the part where it sees a midi phrase and it will snap it to those notes.

The downside is the only DAW that seems to route the midi to audio correctly that I can find is Ableton. I can't seem to get the Sonar midi track to find the GSNAP on the audio track whereas Ableton finds it immediately.

I find this very useful so I just thought I would point it out.

If anyone know how to route a send to do this is Sonar lay it on me. Ableton is a piece of cake.

Ableton Instructions

https://www.ableton.com/answers/how-to-use-midi-to-control-pitch-correct-vst

GSNAP Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRRLELM25zc

Posted By: MarioD Re: Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/10/18 07:51 PM
GSNAP comes in both 32 and 64 bits. Is it possible that you are trying to load a 64 bit GSNAP into a 32 bit Sonar or visa-versa?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/10/18 08:05 PM
Hey Mario,

My Sonar will load GSNAP onto the audio track, that is not the issue.

It is when I go to the midi track and try and point it at the GSNAP located on the audio track. There is no way to point the midi "out" at the audio track and GSNAP.

It is very easy in Ableton and works just like it says in the video. Maybe I am just a moron or something.

Oh, since I have you on the line, what is that function you told me about long ago to put a splice in a sonar track so you can add an effect to just that section?

I forgot and pressed the wrong button and it reconfigured my Sonar template. Hate it when that happens.

Is it Shift S, or Control S, what was that man?
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/10/18 09:59 PM
I can try it in Tracktion. Tracktion is usually pretty good with audio plugins that have midi ‘hooks’
Posted By: MarioD Re: Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/11/18 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey Mario,

My Sonar will load GSNAP onto the audio track, that is not the issue.

It is when I go to the midi track and try and point it at the GSNAP located on the audio track. There is no way to point the midi "out" at the audio track and GSNAP.

It is very easy in Ableton and works just like it says in the video. Maybe I am just a moron or something.

I just sent you and email that may help.

Oh, since I have you on the line, what is that function you told me about long ago to put a splice in a sonar track so you can add an effect to just that section?

Its been over a year since I used Sonar. I found Studio One Pro so easy to use I deleted Sonar but if I remember correctly splice the start and end of the section you want to add the fx. Right click on that clip, I think you might have to do this in the upper right hand corner but I'm not sure, and an add fx menu will drop down.

I forgot and pressed the wrong button and it reconfigured my Sonar template. Hate it when that happens.

Is it Shift S, or Control S, what was that man?

Sorry David but I don't remember.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Autotuning to Midi in Ableton - 07/12/18 08:00 PM
Thanks Mario!!
© PG Music Forums