PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster transpose one track in biab - 09/04/18 04:38 PM
How do I permanently transpose a single track in biab, I am doing this by dragging in the piano roll and selecting the track.

Although when I save and then load the song, it does not save the transposed track.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: transpose one track in biab - 09/04/18 06:22 PM
Since you mention using Piano Roll, I take it that the track you wish to transpose is MIDI.

From what you describe, it sounds like the track regenerates each time you re-open the song. To solve this, after you've transposed the track, freeze it. That will lock the transposed notes in place.

Alternatively...

The Soloist and the Melody tracks are the ones that transpose individually. With this in mind, and if the track is neither the Soloist nor Melody tracks, use "Edit | Copy Special | Copy/Move tracks" to transfer the track to either the Soloist or Melody and then transpose it there.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: beatmaster Re: transpose one track in biab - 09/05/18 02:21 AM
Noel yes it was midi, in fact it was the bass track not playing some notes with sample tank 3.

I did a search on this on the forum, and it took me to the preference section and a tab called channels, there I noticed the bass was the only one with -1 in transpose box I put it to zero and it now seems to be perfect.

Many thanks for your help.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: transpose one track in biab - 09/05/18 03:23 AM
Sometimes the midi is out of range of some bass types in sampletank. You can transpose the offending bass in sampletank and leave your original intact.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: transpose one track in biab - 09/05/18 08:27 AM
Sinbad transpose in sample tank, tell me more ?. please.
Posted By: francoise Re: transpose one track in biab - 08/10/20 06:39 PM
I came upon this very very old post (homo erectus era) because I stumbled upon the same problem: Kontakt bass was too low and transposing Kontakt did not work (notes were lost).

In fact, the solution suggested elsewhere (Option channels Bass transpose 1) does work but YOU MUST RESTART BIAB.
Just in case someone encounters the same problem.
© PG Music Forums