PG Music Home
Posted By: Hugh2 Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/23/18 10:06 PM
Hi This looks quite cool,dont know the price of the RX package but i might start saving!

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/products/rx/isolate-a-vocal-with-music-rebalance-in-rx-7.html
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/23/18 10:42 PM
Interesting. I've been doing some remixes for contests where they provide you the isolated vocals and sometimes other instrumental parts. It would be interesting to see how well this works on different songs and different styles of music. I also wonder what kind of issues could arise from copyright infringement if you don't have permission from the songwriter or artist to use the song.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 01:13 AM
RX7 seems an expensive toy unless you have many more uses for it.

My thoughts
Tony
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 07:17 AM
Yeah Tony its a bit expensive if you have no use for the other parts of the package,if ur not doing a whole lot of repair stuff.However the tech is pretty cool especially if someone comes out with a top plugin to convert isolated tracks to midi as it isolates other instruments as well.
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 07:23 AM
Hi Samuel,
I watched the tutorial and if its as good as that it would be very good but I dont know is that just ideal conditions.It is an expensive package as Tony just to get this one plugin but I think it could be very handy and it certainly is a great bit of innovation,h
Posted By: MarioD Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Hugh2
Hi This looks quite cool,dont know the price of the RX package but i might start saving!

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/products/rx/isolate-a-vocal-with-music-rebalance-in-rx-7.html

The RX7 standard is $299 and the RX7 advanced is $799 USD. The RX Post Production Suite 3 is $999.

https://www.izotope.com/en/store/deals.html
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 12:00 PM
I don't know about you but I heard some heavy artifacts in the isolated vox..... of course, that could have been how they had it recorded in the first place.
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 01:08 PM
Hi Mario,
I know their stuff is great but id probably wait til a sale but id say its a fun plugin to use,must check if their is a demo version.H
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/24/18 01:09 PM
Hi yeah it would be interesting to see how it would work on BIAB song as we could compare the orginal vocals and the one after re balance ,h
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Isolate a Vocal (New technology ) - 09/27/18 08:09 PM
Hi Ok ive tried the demo and the music rebalance is as very good .Especially if you just want to tweak a bit the balance lower the base and higher the vocals kinda thing.As for isolation ive isolated some pop songs and its by far the closest to isolating a vocal.I find it useful for learning how the production was put together .It should be good for karoake as you can automatically make a the original backing track(no doubt copyright issues) but if you want to practice ur skill against the original it would be very good.Not gone on UI of Rx ,its not as good as their other interfaces ...Just may thoughts after trying the demo
© PG Music Forums