PG Music Home
Posted By: 2bSolo Real Drum fills - 12/03/18 06:24 PM
In previous discussions, someone said you can pick individual hits "at the end of the real drum files" to create fills. Can anyone tell me precisely what is meant by the end of the RD files? I see some information to the right on the RD Picker. Is this what you mean?

I know everyone is caught up with BB 2019 right now, so if no one responds for a while I will understand. And if I misunderstood, just tell me.

Thanks.

2b
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Real Drum fills - 12/03/18 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: 2bSolo
In previous discussions, someone said you can pick individual hits "at the end of the real drum files" to create fills. Can anyone tell me precisely what is meant by the end of the RD files? I see some information to the right on the RD Picker. Is this what you mean?

I know everyone is caught up with BB 2019 right now, so if no one responds for a while I will understand. And if I misunderstood, just tell me.

Thanks.

2b

In your BB folder, there will be a "Drums" subfolder. Play the WAV of the style in question, and you will find all the hits towards the end of the track. Find the one(s) you like and copy/paste them in to taste,

Hope this helps

Deacon
Posted By: rharv Re: Real Drum fills - 12/03/18 08:19 PM
As mentioned above, you have to load the actual recording file the realtrack uses.
Depending on your package it could be either a wav or a WMA file.

Realband (and any other DAW) can open either into a linear recorded track that you can dice up yourself .. which is what BiaB does with these tracks.

Usually at the end are some single hits of the drums. Not always, but usually.

Attached picture realdrumrecordingLocation.jpg
Posted By: sslechta Re: Real Drum fills - 12/03/18 10:01 PM
Rharv and I have been showing folks this stuff for a few years. Here's a visual example of the way the waveforms look.

Another Example
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Real Drum fills - 12/03/18 10:56 PM
If you're not sure which RealDrums file is in use, the RealDrums folder name is listed in the style information panel, the Drums track label inside the mixer "Mixer" and "Patches" tabs.

Then use Windows File Explorer to navigate to the X:\bb\drums folder and look for the folder name that is the same as seen above.

As rharv indicated there maybe one or more WMA or WAV audio files in the folder dependent on variations or tempo so it is nice to know what variation is selected and the tempo your song project is set at.

Steve provided a nice screen shot of how the single hits look different than the drumming audio.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Real Drum fills - 12/14/18 10:09 AM
I’ve used that method to double snares and kicks for years and also to build intros and outros. Obviously the big advantage over loops is that you are using the exact sounds that are in the generated track. That makes applying effects much easier.

Bud
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Real Drum fills - 12/16/18 05:09 PM
If you open the corresponding realdrums text file at the bottom you will see what they are, some have individual hits and some are combined.
The bold is the bar number if you drag into RealBand with the tempo set to that of the wav and the bar offset set to -2 to allow for the 2 bar count-in, in a DAW set it to -1 offset:

Shot,1,41,-1,349,3,110 ;kick
Shot,0,41,-1,349,2,110 ;kick
Shot,1,41,349,250,4,100 ;snare
Shot,0,41,349,250,3,100 ;snare
Shot,1,42,120,777,1,80 ;crash and kick 1
;Shot,0,42,120,777,1,80 ;crash and kick 1
Shot,1,43,418,774,2,80 ;crash and Snare
Shot,0,43,418,774,1,80 ;crash and Snare
Shot,1,45,233,405,7,90 ;crash2 and kick
;Shot,0,45,233,405,7,90 ;crash2 and kick

Like patterns, shots are also defined in the text file using lines of text containing several elements: 1) the text "shot", 2) type of shot (0 for shot or hold, 1 for pushes), 3) the bar number of the shot in the style wave file, 4) the number of ticks (1 beat = 120 ticks) before or after the bar number the shot occurs, 5) the duration of the shot in ticks, 6) weight, 7) volume of the shot
© PG Music Forums