PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike02392 Speaker to provide backing for busking? - 12/22/18 10:01 PM
I'm thinking of doing some busking using the BIAB tracks I'm making. Can anyone recommend a speaker that'd do a decent enough job of providing a backing sound, but which isn't too heavy/cumbersome?

I only have one hand, so obviously carrying lots of stuff is tricky and I'll already have my trumpet to carry, so the size is kind of a priority!

Many thanks,

Mike
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Speaker to provide backing for busking? - 12/23/18 10:46 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Roland-Cube-Stree...ASIN=B01CL38G68

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: rharv Re: Speaker to provide backing for busking? - 12/23/18 10:55 AM
I second the Cube here.
The cube is amazing!

...Deb
Off brand but +++ THIS +++ amplifier has received good ratings on Amazon.

Quote:

Dual power supply choices: DC 9V power adapter (included) or 6 * AA batteries (not included), suitable for indoor and outdoor usage.
Equipped with dual 3" speakers inside, provides true tones and powerful sounds, portable and lightweight for guitar players.
Features 80 drum rhythms to jam along with tap tempo; 4 DRIVE models( Clean/Overdrive/Distortion/Metal) ,provide a gain range for every musical style.
3 DSP effects (Chorus/Tremolo/Reverb) for you to create your own guitar tones; Built-in tuner to ensure your instrument is always in tune.
The 1/8" AUX input Jack for jam-along with media player or CD; with 1/8" headphone output jack for Silent Practice.

$54 US and it even has a belt clip so you don't have to carry it!

Much of the name brand stuff, including the Roland Cube, is manufactured in China by the same companies that make the off brand stuff. Ammoon also sells products under the Polaroid brand in the US.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Speaker to provide backing for busking? - 12/23/18 04:45 PM
Compared to the Cube Street, that thing is a toy. I have one of the 50 watt Rolands, and have used it as a busking amp - it's incredible.

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-4-Channel-...NFDY0K8GTTRK1VH

Regards,

Bob
<<< I only have one hand, so obviously carrying lots of stuff is tricky and I'll already have my trumpet to carry, so the size is kind of a priority! >>>

For the same money as a Cube, this should be a real contender and it meets your criteria better. This will also work great as a modeling amp via USB into a DAW.

Yamaha THR10 Modeling Combo Amp
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<<< I only have one hand, so obviously carrying lots of stuff is tricky and I'll already have my trumpet to carry, so the size is kind of a priority! >>>

For the same money as a Cube, this should be a real contender and it meets your criteria better. This will also work great as a modeling amp via USB into a DAW.

Yamaha THR10 Modeling Combo Amp

I own this amp and people are blown away by the sound of such a small amp. I have played my Les Paul, Martin Acoustic as well as my Yamaha Bass in it. It records real well via the USB. I own the gig bag that is made for this amp which would make it easy to carry since you have only one arm.

Yamaha THR gig bag
Just for comparison, I have a BOSS Acoustic Singer Pro, which works great.
© PG Music Forums