PG Music Home

I got the Kontakt 6 Player to follow up on David Cuny's tip on the free strat that that works in demo mode, and found myself liking the freebies for the player.

Have any users of Kontakt found any cool free instruments (as opposed to libraries) say in the classical area or any other area that are made for this player?

I really like the way it sounds, but I am hesitant to buy the full-on version because I have SO much other stuff.
Hi David,

I think it will be hard to find free instruments for the Kontakt Player - all those I know can only be used in the full version of Kontakt.
Native Instruments demands a fee from the developers if they want the instrument to be working in the Player. Therefore almost all free or cheap instruments will only work in the full version of Kontakt.

A good alternative is UVI Workstation 3 which is free to download. For that I know of some free libraries/instruments:

Cello:
VirHarmonic Cello

Violin:
VirHarmonic Violin freebee

Will

Thanks Will,

I guess I will live with the freebies. That stand up bass and analog synth, and street kit is enough for me.

I think I can make something crazy out of that, and crazy is all that counts.

smile
http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html

https://masters-of-music.com/top-free-virtual-instrument-and-drum-library-sennheiser-drummica/

David, carefully look at the specs for all of the free Kontakt sounds and libraries. Most of what I have found are for the full version of Kontakt.
Yea sorry that was late at night, the DrumMicA is the one that works in the free version.
Kontakt is kinda like the Ruger10/22 of the synth world. It has the most independent and 3rd party developers making instruments for it. Most of these are pretty high quality sampled sounds and are very reasonably priced.

The Kontakt Player is designed to get you hooked... so you end up buying the full version where all the sounds are available. Don't get me wrong, I used the Player for a long time..... before I bought the Komplete package and moved on to the full version. I picked up a few 3rd party vendor packs.... nice stuff out there.
Indiginus has some free and $5 instruments.

All their instruments are a lot of fun to play. I actually had a number of guitars from Orange Tree Samples for the Kontakt Player. But I ended up getting the Indiginus instruments, because they were much more playable out of the box.

They've got a nice tutorial on how to play guitar on keyboard:

RealiTone has an inexpensive Acoustic Lite Guitar. I've never played it, so I can't say much about it.
© PG Music Forums