PG Music Home
Posted By: LoveGuitar BIAB VST! - 02/04/19 07:44 PM
Wow! I upgraded to 2019 mostly for the BB VST. I use Presonus Studio 4 and, man, am I impressed. As much as I love the add-on's I use in Presonus, the BIAB VST adds an entirely differently dimension. I have used BIAB for a few years now and being able to use it for the Realtracks in Presonus is killer! For one, compared to creating your own drum tracks with the available drum kit vst's, plopping in a realdrum track is great.
I'm happy. PG needs to really spread the word about BIAB use in DAW's. This is a whole new sales channel.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: BIAB VST! - 02/05/19 10:09 AM
Pardon my ignorance but why couldn’t you previously just drag the rendered RT or RD into your DAW?

Bud
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: BIAB VST! - 02/05/19 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Pardon my ignorance but why couldn’t you previously just drag the rendered RT or RD into your DAW?

Bud

Of course you can just drag rendered files from BIAB to your DAW. But you cannot do multiriffs with BIAB. So this is a limitation. Say you just want to add a guitar solo at bar 16-24 but nothing else. You can easy enter the chord progression for them bars in the VST and do a multiriff and do your work inside your DAW without touching BIAB. I don't see this replacing BIAB but it can be very useful.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: BIAB VST! - 02/05/19 03:42 PM
Different strokes I guess. I will typically move 4-6 or more generations of the same RT to my DAW and then cut and paste them into one track of my liking. I'm a Mac guy so I'll have to wait until spring to see if the Mac version will have that capability.

Bud
Posted By: David Snyder Re: BIAB VST! - 02/05/19 08:09 PM
I don't understand a word y'all talking about generating and dragging tracks. What the heck is that.

All I know is what Gregg Allman told me. He said:

"David, you need to plug in and mic that b....." *

Is that what y'all are talking about?

* Bad Boy, of course. What else.
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: BIAB VST! - 02/06/19 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Different strokes I guess. I will typically move 4-6 or more generations of the same RT to my DAW and then cut and paste them into one track of my liking. I'm a Mac guy so I'll have to wait until spring to see if the Mac version will have that capability.

Bud

Yea I have a Macbook Pro and PC's which I use Studio One Pro in both of them but I only have the PC version of BIAB.
© PG Music Forums