PG Music Home
I have been soloing a midi track and have found occasional noises. For lack of a better term, I will call them blips. They are not very loud and there are not that many on the track, but I would like to be rid of them.

Anyone had this experience or know what to do with it?

2b
Midi tracks don't make noise. They trigger a synth that does. So if you have noises it's usually because your buffers are not large enough,m your latency isn't adjusted correctly, or your sound card/interface is not using the correct, more efficient driver.

If the card uses ASIO, be sure it's the chosen diver, and check your settings.
Could you upload a MP3 so we can here these blips?

I should point out that BiaB MIDI tracks does not cause that problem. When I get a blip it is always that my ASIO buffers are too low. Increasing it always eliminates the problem.

Knowing what your system is, things like what computer, CPU, ram, audio interface (sound card), etc, would help us help you.

{edit} - an after thought. Anything running in the background may be interrupting your CPU, thus causing those blips. Things like anti-virus programs, anti-malware programs etc. My music computer is mostly off-line but I still disable my Ethernet card and turn off all of my anti-stuff programs prior to working on my music.
Good points there Mario. Another thing that I've recent come across is bluetooth. If your computer is equipped with wireless bluetooth capabilities, it can be constantly searching for a new connection.

I disable the driver in the Control Panel of Win 10 and check it after everyone of those infuriating updates. It seems MS likes to turn it back on all the time.

Jeff
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Good points there Mario. Another thing that I've recent come across is bluetooth. If your computer is equipped with wireless bluetooth capabilities, it can be constantly searching for a new connection.

I disable the driver in the Control Panel of Win 10 and check it after everyone of those infuriating updates. It seems MS likes to turn it back on all the time.

Jeff

Jeff, thanx for jogging my memory. Any phone can cause weird MIDI problems. When JonD comes over and sits down in front of our MIDI keyboard controllers and has his phone on and in his pocket we get all kinds of weird stuff coming through the MIDI channel. If he turns off his phone or moves it about two feet(0.6 meters) from the keyboard all is well.
I will take a look at all of these things. Thanks for the help.

2b
I've had cell phone proximity cause noise, also the fan under my laptop, depending upon which USB I plug it into for power.
Thanks, John. Makes me wonder how we ever get anything recorded.

2b
© PG Music Forums