PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/10/19 12:09 AM
Hi guys, this is embarrassing. Is been awhile since I use my ketron sd2 and although still connected I forgot or I simply cannot find a way to render a track using the ketron with BIB 2019. I hear the sound fine though. I remember the "direct" rendering in previous versions. Help with this please.

Mike B.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/10/19 11:46 AM
Direct rendering means you must record the audio output from the Ketron SD2 using an audio recorder that is external to BIAB such as Audacity, RealBand, or any stereo recording device.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/10/19 11:50 AM
You can also bounce record in like cakewalk, play the midi track and record on another audio track at the same time.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/10/19 03:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, but I remember that there was a "re-record" function in previous version which I used many times over the years using a "usb uno midi interface" which I still have installed and it recorded to a wav file in the same folder with the same name that the BIB file. The problem is that I don't see that option anymore.

Mike B.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/14/19 11:24 PM
Mike,
Not sure how SD2 is routed... With Halion Sonic VST in BIAB, it renders all the active midi tracks from Halion mixer to WAV to the same "render" folder as BIAB tracks would save to, even if they are not "on" the BIAB mixer. Did you try to just render to separate WAV tracks in BIAB with SD2 connected?

Misha.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/15/19 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the responses. It's all good now. A little different than the way it was a few versions back, but Kent from the BIB staff guided me to the right place.

Mike B.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/16/19 01:30 PM
Mike
Would be great to share how you finally done it, as others might have same/ similar problem.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/16/19 02:55 PM
Yes, recording in real time from the output of the Ketron is one thing; rendering is quite another. Please share what you learned.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Rendering with the KetronSD2 - 03/17/19 04:47 PM
Ok,here it goes: From the menu bar under the style name window use the "record audio" button, in there you have various options to choose from, bar #, Chorus, etc. Ether record the whole song or mute the tracks you don't want, press record and that puts the recorded track into the audio track on BIB and places a wav file with the same name of the song in the same folder. I you want to record another track just make sure to re-name the existing file since it's going to create another wav file with the same name thus replacing the prevoius file. You son't want that obviously. In older versions one had the option of recording to a different folder, now I don't see that option.
Hope this is clear enough. I will be happy to answer any question (provided I know it)

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums