PG Music Home
Quote:
The donation-ware ODeus multi-client driver extends your audio interface ASIO driver and adds windows audio with no additional latency. It allows you to use your ASIO driver in more than one application via built-in multi-client support. The driver even allows you to send ASIO audio over a network.
The program allows a user to route multiple audio streams to multiple locations (programs) within a computer or network system.

Features:

• FREE! (donation-ware)
  • Extremely high performance for Pro Audio apps.
  • Zero added ASIO latency.
  • 64 IN + 64 OUT virtual ASIO channels.
  • 32 IN + 32 OUT WDM audio channels.
  • 16 IN + 16 OUT network audio channels.
  • Works without internal WDM or ASIO audio resampling.
  • Record lossless 8 channel audio to FLAC file.
  • Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
  • 32 bit, 64 bit & 32/64 bit compatibility.
  • Route audio to/from WDM/MME/DirectSound/WASAPI and LAN/NET.

Sadly, the original developer passed away ... and the original website disappeared.

The good news is, it now looks like the developer's nephew has authorized it to be released with a patch that removes registration / authorization:

+++ The Background Story +++

+++ The Downloads +++

Note: Thanks to Cakewalk by BandLab user, msmcleod, for posting this information in the Cakewalk forum. +++ HERE +++ is a link to his original post.
Thank you, Jim. I remember this being announced but I never followed up. Once in awhile someone here posts about being unable to use ASIO drivers in more that one program. This gives them another possible solution.
Matt,

This application seems to be a solution for many common Window driver issues.

Many users here have Focusrite audio interfaces. I've read several instances in this forum and the Cakewalk forum where the driver is a little unstable. Feedback in the Cakewalk forum leads me to believe this application can help stabilize some frustrating Focusrite audio issues.

It is worth taking the time to click on both links. The story behind the application is worth reading.

I figure at the very least this will become another go-to tool for Pipeline! grin
All of my computers have Focusrite interfaces. I will give this a try.
Jim, any advice on the four different downloads? It could be clearer. All I do know is that I just need the 64-bit version, so that narrows it down to two. But there is really no guidance I could find.

EDIT: I viewed several tutorials. I was thinking this is an ASIO driver to replace my somewhat buggy Focusrite driver, but instead it appears to be a routing system that enables connection of your existing ASIO driver to many audio programs. I only use two programs at a time maximum, and one is generally WDM (like BIAB) so I don't think I need to experiment with this.
Matt,

I agree +++ The Download Webpage +++ can be confusing. That is because the first link is for a ProTools compatible file. Also all four links are labeled "Download link # 1".

Here are the links pertinent to us (I think):

+++ Combined 32/64 Bit Installer +++ This installer installs both programs in the same manner that one installer can install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Band-in-a-Box. My guess is most users will use this installer to maintain compatibility with both versions of Band-in-a-Box.

+++ 32 Bit Installer +++ This installer only installs the 32 bit version.

+++ 64 Bit Installer +++ This installer only installs the 64 bit version.

Your assessment is spot on. The program provides for a way to route audio within the computer system.
Thank, Jim!

If anyone reading this has a Focusrite Scarlett, they just released new drivers this week for most of their line. This includes, surprisingly, for the older generation units as well. See my post from today in Off-Topic.
© PG Music Forums