PG Music Home
Posted By: BryanDP Monitoring wireless - 05/22/19 08:02 AM
Hi there, Did a dinner/dance gig. First after 18+ years inactivity. I had no monitor speakers, tried to place my speakers so I can hear myself. Sound check was ok. Then when the hall filled and dinner started the noise levels got high and I couldn't hear myself. Used an old over ear cable headphone set and managed ok. But I don't like the headset and the cable, I have tried Shure in-ear set but not comfortable, tangles with my specs, and drops out of the ears and a cable still an issue.
Then I got clever, blew my budget buying a Sennheiser Bluetooth Transmitter (signal from the mixer earphone out) and a pair of JBL Bluetooth in-ear phones. Thought that would be comfy and no cable in the way.
Well it doesn't work. Backtrack sounds great but Mic and guitar are being delayed and out of sinc. What now, please guide me.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Monitoring wireless - 05/22/19 10:21 AM
Hot Spot monitor on a mic stand. Small, inexpensive, lightweight, works well.

https://www.galaxyaudio.com/products/category/monitors/hot-spot-monitors

I've had occasion to use the older models and they did a nice job for the situation. Really nice for small stages and low to medium volume gigs. With built in amps, you just need a line out signal.
© PG Music Forums