PG Music Home
Posted By: Teunis Neutron 3 released with some free goodies - 06/10/19 04:36 AM
Neutron 3 has been released with some discounted pricing. If you download a 10 day trial of Neutron 3 they give you a license for the Neutron Relay plugin and the Visual Mixer. Whilst you really need Neutron to get the best out of the Visual Mixer it is possible to put the Relay on each track and then make adjustments to your mix in the Visual Mixer.

This allows one to use whatever for EQ, Compression or whatever then use the Relay plugin to talk to the Visual Mixer which does make mixing (both panning and levels) a lot easier.

If you haven’t seen it yet check it out at Izotope.com.

I tried the Neutron 3 Advanced plugin suite and soon went back and purchased it. A couple of songs where I had difficulty getting the drums right almost instantly came a lot, lot better. (IMHO)

Tony
I've been determined to stick with Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 but this is sooooo tempting. smile

Bud
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies - 06/10/19 07:37 PM
Hi
just a word of warning .If you are trialing it dont put the serial code into the Visual mixer as the mix assistant will disappear on both the visual mixer and the mothership.
If you have done this already click the gear icon on the Visual mixer and remove autherization .H
Posted By: Teunis Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies - 06/10/19 08:11 PM
I tried it out on a few songs that I had difficulty getting what I wanted and they did come cleaner. Particularly drums and bass came in better but in general things were cleaner sounding.

As a test I even just tried going to each track and letting the Track Enhance do its stuff. Then going through the Balance bit to set volumes and then panning the parts in the Visual Mixer. I did this with no tweaking The Tonal Balance was close straight up.

I already had Neutron 2 Advanced and also Ozone 8 Advanced. I don’t know why I bother after all this is only a hobby. But for $243 AUD (US$149) it works out fine if I use it for 100 hours. Music is not a money thing for me these days albeit I do the odd performance for folk.

Tony
$199 for an upgrade from my Neutron 2 Adv is, IMO, absurdly high particularly given that it's same price upgrading from ANY Izotope product. Why not a better upgrade deal if you've bought ALL the previous versions.

$199 is what Logic Pro X costs for life including all future upgrades and hundred of effects, sounds and loops and any that will ever be added. Yeah it's a mega Apple product but still....

Bud
Posted By: Teunis Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies - 06/11/19 08:06 PM
The upgrade from Neutron 1 or 2 Advanced to Neutron 3 Advanced is US$149. I agree it seems a lot but then the Izotope products a pricey in the first place. IMHO you get what you pay for.

Tony
I logged in to my account. Looked at the upgrade page and saw $199. But then I’m old so I’ll check again. smile

Bud
Posted By: Teunis Re: Neutron 3 released with some free goodies - 06/11/19 10:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I logged in to my account. Looked at the upgrade page and saw $199. But then I’m old so I’ll check again. smile

Bud

The pricing is not that clear but it is there somewhere. When I looked again I could not find it. Plugin Boutique has it on their page.

Unless they have withdrawn it.

Edit. See
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/21-Channel-Strip/5421-Neutron-3-Advanced-Upgrade-from-Neutron-1-2-Advanced

Tony
I see the $149 price here under my iZotope account. It's about halfway down the page "Neutron 3 Advanced: Upgrade from Neutron 1-2 Advanced".

I haven't decided yet if I'll get it. I used Neutron 2 Advanced quite a bit when I first got it, but now I mostly just use the EQ module along with the Tonal Balance Control, often only the Tonal Balance Control.
Thanks Dave and Tony. I was looking at the upgrade from the regular version...my bad.

I use the masking feature and the grand piano preset...that’s about it. Even with Ozone 8 adv I’m down to only using a couple of modules primarily the imager and maximizer. The CLA suite sounds good to me and is so easy to use and doesn’t require adding in a reverb. FWIW.

Bud
© PG Music Forums