PG Music Home
Kenny does it again!

The best and easiest to understand video I've seen on how to use side-chain compression for ducking.

Thanks. I've watched a lot of his videos.
Yeah, Kenny's videos are great!
When I first went to Reaper I went through every (and I mean every) video on the Reaper Site (All Kenny) not only did I learn about Reaper but I learnt a hell of a lot about other DAWs and even more about plugins. Then I went to Kenny’s site http://www.kennymania.com/reaper-videos/#reaper-5-explained and learnt even more. I subscribed and continued to learn more.

I see heaps of questions presented here and ask myself why not at least go to http://www.kennymania.com/reaper-videos/#reaper-5-explained and get a glimpse at what is possible.

Kenny is not just about Reaper go to Groove.com and look at various training videos Kenny shows how to use plugins and effects. Kenny is very, very clever and willing to share his talent.

Tony
I've used that technique before to control the delay on a vocal, delay on a separate track, followed by compressor. Two sends from the vocal, one to the delay and one to the sidechain input of the compressor. So the delay really only comes into play at the end of the vocal where it swells up, very effective!

I learned that technique from one of his videos I sure. Great resource!
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I've used that technique before to control the delay on a vocal, delay on a separate track, followed by compressor. Two sends from the vocal, one to the delay and one to the sidechain input of the compressor. So the delay really only comes into play at the end of the vocal where it swells up, very effective!

This is all beyond my knowledge/skill level but I do have a question. I often use automation lanes on a vocal track in Logic Pro to add or alter the amount of delay wherever desired or for that matter any of Nectar 2 modules and their many variables. How is this different in result from what you described? Pardon my ignorance.

Bud
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

This is all beyond my knowledge/skill level but I do have a question. I often use automation lanes on a vocal track in Logic Pro to add or alter the amount of delay wherever desired or for that matter any of Nectar 2 modules and their many variables. How is this different in result from what you described? Pardon my ignorance.

Bud

Bud, that's the way I do it most of the time too.

The results will be the same AFAIK. Only difference is you are controlling the amount of delay manually via automation instead of the compressor doing it automatically, so a bit of a timesaver I guess; once you get the compressor setup you are done.
I agree Teunis, Reaper is an amazing product. Even for video.
© PG Music Forums