PG Music Home
Posted By: Teunis Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/01/19 07:27 PM
For those that are interested Ozone 8 is a special prices on Pluginboutique right now see https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?qs=match&q=Ozone&oses%5B%5D=

If you don’t know about Ozone 8 it is a number of plugins for mastering and also can be used for mixing. At the current price I’d suggest the Advanced as it allows a little more flexibility although Standard is also good. The Elements version gives a taste but it won’t be long before you want more (IMHO).

Tony
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 07:54 AM
What I like about the advanced version is that you can load any of the modes as a separate plug in on a track.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 08:33 AM
My favourite parts are the Tonal Balance Control and the Vintage EQ both parts of the Ozone 8 Advanced. I always struggled with too much bass until I used these tools.

I only use BIAB for backing on “stage” and basically use Neutron 3 and Ozone 8 to get it set up. I then put my guitar through TH3 and blend it using a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller for guitar volume and effects.

The FCB1010 is a recent addition that has made doing instrumentals more fun.

Tony
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What I like about the advanced version is that you can load any of the modes as a separate plug in on a track.

Quick question, if you would. I've used Ozone for well over a decade and highly recommend it, but I only use it on the final stereo mixdown. I've found the load on the CPU to be too large when applying more than one instance, which is what you'd be doing if you used it on individual tracks. Isotope has another product, Alloy, which is specifically designed to be placed on individual tracks, and I use that. Think of it as "Ozone light". I wonder if you have any thoughts on all of this. My knowledge is old; I do have Ozone 8 (on another good deal) but haven't tried it on a multitrack project yet. Perhaps the CPU load has been lightened so it will work better?

Thanks.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Quick question, if you would. I've used Ozone for well over a decade and highly recommend it, but I only use it on the final stereo mixdown. I've found the load on the CPU to be too large when applying more than one instance, which is what you'd be doing if you used it on individual tracks. Isotope has another product, Alloy, which is specifically designed to be placed on individual tracks, and I use that. Think of it as "Ozone light". I wonder if you have any thoughts on all of this. My knowledge is old; I do have Ozone 8 (on another good deal) but haven't tried it on a multitrack project yet. Perhaps the CPU load has been lightened so it will work better?

Thanks.

Alloy has been replaced some time ago by Neutron.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe my Ozone 8 is lighter weight and also comes with components usable individually.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 05:13 PM
The standard version of Ozone 8 doesn't allow you to use modules as plug-ins.

Here's a feature comparison of Ozone Elements, Ozone 8 and Ozone Adv

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/master-and-deliver/ozone/features-and-comparison.html

And for me the memory issue is mitigated as multiple instances of Ozone are not being loaded (I run 32g memory so I could likely load multiple instances of the full Ozone with no issues but the plug-ins are easier to manage...for me).

I've used Neutron for tracks since its inception but sometimes I like to use Ozone's Imager as a plug-in on individual tracks particularly on pianos. I've also used the maximizer at the track level and a few other modules.

And as mentioned the Tonal Balance is a great addition to one's arsenal.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 06:37 PM
These days I use Neutron 3 for the individual tracks. Prior to having Neutron I used Ozone 8 on some tracks with other plugins. As has been said one can use individual components with Ozone 8 Advanced. I also tend to use the Visual Mixer.

Basically it is a very simple quick process. I pull all the projects tracks into Reaper, normalise all tracks to about -12 dB, colour code and set markers, apply Neutron to all tracks, then my “master chain” ( Visual Mixer, Ozone, Tonal Balance Control & Youlean LUFS meter). Then let the Visual Mixer set a rough mix and setup an initial stereo field. Then if needed go through each track setting Neutron and finally Ozone using the assistant in both Neutron and Ozone as a start. Then make whatever adjustments. Check the overall sound by ear and the Tonal Balance Control and LUFS meter.

The process is fairly quick and simple. In some cases only half an hour from the time I export from BIAB. (Others can take longer to get tracks right.)

Tony
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/02/19 08:37 PM
Thanks for this info. I need to do some reading and get back up to date, especially on Neutron.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/03/19 08:40 AM

Thanks for this info. I need to do some reading and get back up to date, especially on Neutron.

Matt, the masking feature of Neutron 2 is worth the price of admission for me. It allows you to compare different tracks to see where they are conflicting via eq bands. You can then make adjustments w/o returning to the individual tracks and both hear and see the changes. A quick simple way to make your production immediately cleaner with more track separation and less mud.

Bud
Posted By: Teunis Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 08/03/19 09:17 AM

Matt, the masking feature of Neutron 2 is worth the price of admission for me. It allows you to compare different tracks to see where they are conflicting via eq bands. You can then make adjustments w/o returning to the individual tracks and both hear and see the changes. A quick simple way to make your production immediately cleaner with more track separation and less mud.

Bud

The really nice thing is Tonal Balance Control, it lets you adjust EQ on every track with an instance of Neutron or Ozone without leaving the TBC making balancing tones far easier resulting in a better overall Tonal Balance. Also Neutron 3 with the Sculptor module gives even more scope for tone IMHO.

Tony
Posted By: DrDan Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/25/19 09:31 AM
And now its free...

To celebrate the upcoming release of Ozone 9, we're giving away Ozone Elements version 8 FOR FREE. Use best-in-class processing from Ozone 8 and achieve a full, rich, and loud final master with the AI-powered Master Assistant.

Download Ozone Elements (v8) now, keep it for good, and get special introductory pricing on Ozone 9 when it's released!

Get it for FREE

Ozone 9 is coming...watch how it'll help you find your balance.

Please note, if you do not already have an iZotope account, you will be prompted to create one in order to gain access to Ozone Elements.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/25/19 10:02 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Ozone 9 is coming...watch how it'll help you find your balance.

Oooooh, I'm giddy.... Can't wait to charge on my Sweetwater card! laugh
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/25/19 10:10 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what is new with Ozone 9! No info on the website yet, just that it is coming soon.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/25/19 05:36 PM
It would have to come with a module that would turn my lyrics into great tunes for me to upgrade! smile

I'm maxed out with my Waves suite, Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 adv plus a zillion Logic Pro X plug-ins.

The OLD Wave's Linear Phase Multiband Compressor (five bands) is still my go to for most mastering...that followed by Ozone's Imager and Limiter. The LinMB can really open up a mix.

Bud
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/25/19 07:35 PM
Hi Got an email from Izotope
Ozone 9 is on the way
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/26/19 05:48 AM
It would have to come with a module that would turn my lyrics into great tunes for me to upgrade! smile

I'm hoping it will make my guitar sound like Joe Bonamassa eek

I'm guessing they will have expanded on the master assistant feature, that was new for Ozone 8. But no idea really.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/26/19 10:17 AM
I went to the website and downloaded. If I read it correctly, the free version is the demo version that inserts silence periodically. Did I misunderstand?

2b
Posted By: DrDan Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/26/19 10:05 PM
Check your email for the license code - that comes after the download. This is a true giveaway.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Ozone 8 really cheap right now - 09/27/19 11:05 AM
Thanks. Will do.
© PG Music Forums