PG Music Home
Hi, this morning I got an email that Novation are giving away iZotope Trash 2 for a few weeks (until Oct 3). Trash 2 is not something I’d considered but at the price (free) why not? I got it and had a look. Trash 2 is not at all what I thought. It allows a lot of sound manipulation. Stuff such as distortion of many various types. A convolution section that allow one to add all sorts of stuff such as reverbs, amp and cabinet impulse responses (the list goes on). Multiband manipulation.

I went through the Groove 3 “Trash 2 Explained” videos. This is really powerful. I put it onto a guitar track and in seconds had the sound I was after.

Just a thought for those that have a registered Novation product. I assume the give away will also be available for Focusrite as they point to the same web site.

Tony
Like you, Trash 2 is nothing what I expected. Got it in the Izotope bundle deal they had a month ago, and it blew me out of the water in soooo many ways.

The amount of things you can do with it are insane. IMO the convolution module alone justifies the price.

In fact that burbling texture you can hear in this track https://soundcloud.com/user-423212678/how-i-missed-you-this-4th in between the soloist notes, but beginning at about 19-20 seconds in, is the simplest of synth pad sounds through a slightly modified Trash 2 preset.

I cannot recommend this plugin enough!

Hey Tony, perhaps autocorrect changed Novation to Notation in your subject line? You can still edit that if so.
Thanks Matt, I didn’t even notice (I usually check the text but I did not check the heading). I had a look but I cannot edit as I’m over the 72 hour limit (I assume). I wrote to the moderator.

Tony
© PG Music Forums