PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster CAKEWALK HELP - 10/10/19 04:29 PM
When i start cakewalk bandlab version and the screen comes up to select new project, recent project etc,
If I pick new project nothing comes up , it does not have the pre select like the other sonar home studio has like Basic.cwt or 4-track.cwt.

Is the bandlab version supposed to show this ?.

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/10/19 04:31 PM
My Sonar home shows this

Description: sonar home
Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/10/19 04:49 PM
Hey Beatmaster,

+++ THIS +++ post in the Cakewalk forum may help you out.

If you've accidentally deleted the project files, +++ HERE +++ they are.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/10/19 04:56 PM
Jim

Thanks but wow that's a bit beyond me, I couldn't get the files to d/load ?.

Do you think deleting and reinstalling cakewalk would work or would I lose saved songs etc.
Posted By: Teunis Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/10/19 07:56 PM
The templates usually live wherever you have your Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\ Project Templates and/or Track Templates. You need to be sure your installation is pointing to where these are so in Preferences under File Locations ensure you are pointing to the correct folder location.

Get to Preferences by pressing The letter P. Ensure you have the Advanced button pressed. Then go to File - Folder Locations.

If you have installed Cakewalk in a different place maybe the folder locations are still at the default of the C drive. (In my case most of this stuff points to my music files drive but you must set the file locations in Preferences)

Just a thought

Tony
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 06:24 AM
Tony

Thanks for the detailed explanation I will give it a go and let you know.

again.

Thanks
Posted By: Teunis Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 07:05 AM
If nothing else you should be able to point Cakewalk to the Sonar Templates or simply copy them To C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\ Project Templates . Or whatever drive your Cakewalk is on. They are the same as far as I know. I still use templates I created years ago.

Tony
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 07:26 AM
Tony

You are the Main man ,, I got it !!.

Big Thank You.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 02:23 PM
Beatmaster,

I'm glad Tony got you straightened out.

Teunis,

Thanks for diving in and providing the additional information. It always helps to have more than one viewpoint when trying to figure out a computer program.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 03:56 PM
Jim Thank you as well, I was a wee bit confused as to d/loading the files you supplied the link to, but I did appreciate your help.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 04:27 PM
Somebody on the Cakewalk forum accidentally deleted the default templates. I archived them into a zip file and uploaded the file to the cloud and provide a link to the file. I never removed the file so I was able to quickly generate a new link for you.

The meat of the Cakewalk forum thread is there are at least two copies of the default project files on your computer system. By default Cakewalk program files install at one location, C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core, I think. The program copies the sub folders and files to another location defined in the program's preferences file location window.

So a master copy of almost all Cakewalk files are available. This is good to know when accidents happen.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: CAKEWALK HELP - 10/11/19 06:14 PM
Good to know Jim Thanks.
© PG Music Forums