PG Music Home
This guy, Kurt Hugo Schneider, is incredible. He manages to record "Fight Song" in a single take while multi-taksing all over the place.

So in Singapore with Benjamin Kheng singing and helping with some rhythm, here is Kurt Schneider at work.

I'm too old to do that much running around!

Jeff
This was fantastic. There are some very talented musicians out there! Their vocals were spot on.

Thanx for sharing.
That was VERY cool.

A good VISUAL of how to produce a song and keep it SIMPLE and INTERESTING. Also a good demonstration of creating a current style/sounding song.

Thanks for sharing this, Noel.

(It would be interesting to see if you could recreate this in BIAB!)

Hopefully this will not divert the thread from the amazing job those guys did.... but... I think is interesting to hear the original, too...

I've listen to the original for years now when I work out. I think it's a great song with a great message.

This recreation was truly awesome. I have to say, I do a fair amount of sampling of everyday objects to keep songs interesting. I hear over and over again "that just overkill." For some songs it would be fore sure. But for many styles of music, there is nothing wrong with keeping the ear interested.

The drink of water was risky! lol

thanks for sharing. Great find!
Jeff, Mario, floyd and Caaron,

Skilled sampling sure makes it possible to unleash musical inventiveness. You might be interested in this next thread I started with Kurt creating a song completely from scratch through to video production in Ikea.

The challenges he set himself were that:

(a) he could only use soundS found in Ikea as instruments;
(b) he couldn't leave Ikea until the video production of the song was complete;
(c) it had to be done in a single day.

Here's the thread...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=558826#Post558826

floyd, thanks for adding the video of the original to the thread. I should have included that.

Noel
© PG Music Forums