Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record)

Posted by: floyd jane

Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/16/19 10:37 AM

I am a Taylor Swift fan. And have been since I heard her first record. And her second. Her sound has changed (dramatically) over the course of her career. And I still make a point to listen to each new release (Though the early ones are the ones I prefer).

She recorded an NPR Tiny Desk Concert.
It gives an opportunity to hear a few songs AS THEY WERE WRITTEN.
It is then interesting to compare that to what the song became.

It might give you ideas about how to take your songs to a "bigger place"...

Note: NPR had Youtube take down the videos that folks had posted.
So I am deleting those (blank videos)

So watch it at the NPR site:

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/16/770318649/taylor-swift-tiny-desk-concert

here are the time the songs start.
But it is worth watching the whole thing....

"The Man" - 2:32
"Lover" - 9:00
"Death by a Thousand Cuts" - 16:00
"All Too Well" - 22:58

Here is the whole Tiny Desk Concert:

Posted by: Noel96

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/16/19 11:19 AM

Thanks, floyd.

I really appreciate being able to compare these.

Noel
Posted by: pghboemike

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/18/19 05:17 AM

This link work for me
Posted by: HearToLearn

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/18/19 05:41 AM

She should really pick one genre and stick to it. That is the ONLY way you can be successful in music.

Plus, if you don't conform to other people's expectations, how will you ever know who you are? The less there is of "you" in your songs; the more authentic they will be. It's like the old saying goes, "Be the best version of you that other's want you to be." Sound advice right there.

Seriously, the contrast between one girl and her instrument and the full blown production is pretty awesome. I honestly like both in different ways. The girl can write and perform. Plus she surrounds herself with people that help her carry out where she wants to go...at least musically.

Thanks for posting. Fun listening all the way around for me.

Now I feel like writing about a bad relationship. cry mad confused grin cool
Posted by: Janice & Bud

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/20/19 02:03 PM

We've never listened to her in depth but have always admired her obvious intellect,
song writing and business acumen.

That was a really interesting way to present the huge leap from a singer songwriter
perspective to the final monster pop blast.

Cool juxtaposition!

J&B
Posted by: Sundance

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/20/19 06:23 PM

Great find Floyd. I like her earlier country stuff too. Haven't listened to her much since Shake It Off which I liked alot. Thanks for sharing!
Posted by: rockstar_not

Re: Taylor Swift: Tiny Desk Concert (and then the song from the record) - 10/21/19 05:38 PM

It is obvious from the first line of the first verse in the very first song, that she knows how to fit lyrics to lines in a memorable and catchy way.