PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle - 64 Bit MIDI Plugins - (Website) - 01/20/20 02:29 PM
A Cakewalk by Bandlab user named Variorum has created some 64 bit midi plugins. Although the plugin GUI is designed to look like a native Cakewalk midi plugin the plugins should work with any 64 bit software program that can accept midi plugins. The user's website is +++ HERE +++

The three midi plugins to date are: CSHumanize MidiFX Plugin, CSTranspose MidiFX Plugin and CSMultiCompander MidiFX Plugin.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: - 64 Bit MIDI Plugins - (Website) - 01/20/20 04:02 PM
Many thanks, Jim. MIDI Humanize functions are always fun to try.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: - 64 Bit MIDI Plugins - (Website) - 01/20/20 08:29 PM
Jim

Thanks but I seem to have them downloaded already? but not installed until just now- again duh?

Must have gotten them before somehow but at least you pointed it out for others.

(I also have Frank's MIDI plugins which has a great humanizer but those are not free but I've had them a long time).

Larry
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: - 64 Bit MIDI Plugins - (Website) - 01/21/20 11:18 PM
Larry,

The CSTranspose MFX was recently updated. +++ HERE +++ is a post in the Cakewalk by BandLab forum the developer posted. The post is copied below.
Quote:
A few days ago I stumbled on a post here by @sadicus that referenced a problem with the CSTranspose MFX screwing up key-switches and realized that a lot of VST's would have a similar problem, so I updated the plug-in.

It now lets you specify a key range. Only notes within the range will be transposed. If transposition would move a note from inside the range to outside, it will be filtered. This effectively isolates the "music" keys from the "control" keys.

Note: The Range setting is not part of a Group so each instance can have its own range regardless of the Group setting.

You can drag the arrows on the left and right or use the mouse wheel while hovering over the note indicators to change the upper and lower limits of the range. Alternatively, you can click on a note indicator (its background will turn orange) and tap a key on your Midi keyboard. To make life easier, when you set the range for a VST, save it as a preset!
The post also includes an animated GIF demonstrating the new functionality.

For others, be aware there is an install procedure that needs to be followed to register the plugins in the Windows registry. See the install instruction +++ HERE +++
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: - 64 Bit MIDI Plugins - (Website) - 01/22/20 07:17 PM
Thanks Jim.
They look great. Rob4580
© PG Music Forums