PG Music Home
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) EZmix mastering - 01/26/20 09:11 AM
Just before Christmas, I purchased EZmix2 and Mastering II EZmix pack. I’ve been experimenting with this program and am pleased with some of the results I’ve been getting.
One of the songs I've been working on with EZmix is a song I submitted on the User Showcase in November called Lazy Dayz.
With your indulgence, I submit my 2020 mix/remaster of Lazy Dayz:
https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172/lazy-days-2020-mix

I would love to get some feedback from recording/mixing/mastering enthusiasts re the new mix compared to the original:
https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172/lazy-dayz
Thanks,
Mike
PS I also posted this on the User Showcase as I wasn't sure which was the most appropriate forum.
Posted By: lambada Re: EZmix mastering - 01/27/20 07:00 AM
Much more presence and seems to glue together better.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: EZmix mastering - 01/27/20 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada

Thanks for listening Lambada, and for your feedback.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: EZmix mastering - 01/27/20 09:58 PM

I agree. It also sounds cleaner to me. I don't know if cleaner is the right word but I could hear everything much better in the new version.

PS - Just before Christmas I was reviewing some of my backups and discovered that after I formatted my C drive I forgot to install EZMix. I since have installed it and I had forgotten about some of those good sounding presets!
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: EZmix mastering - 01/27/20 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

I agree. It also sounds cleaner to me. I don't know if cleaner is the right word but I could hear everything much better in the new version.

PS - Just before Christmas I was reviewing some of my backups and discovered that after I formatted my C drive I forgot to install EZMix. I since have installed it and I had forgotten about some of those good sounding presets!

Thanks for listening Mario. Glad you rediscovered EZmix. I'm really happy with it - easy to use and lots of great sounding presets.
Mike
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: EZmix mastering - 04/18/20 01:51 AM
Hello Mike, I have been using EZmix for a while now and it is a great tool. I think it is quite clear on your comparison tracks that it gives the (very nice) track more 'life'.

When I got it I did a before and after version of a track and sent it to a friend. He said, 'what if I can't tell which is better?'. Then he listened and said 'wow'. I use it on everything. It ain't finished til its EZmixed.

You can get the same result by using several plug-ins on the master track but this gives you a much easier path and you don't have to understand anything except 'that sounds good'.
© PG Music Forums