PG Music Home
Hi All, does anyone know of a good tool (program) for converting MIDI data to CSV. I have a MIDI file that I want to look at notes and timing for. Yes there are many ways to do that eg notation or the MIDI file in aa piano roll but for what I am trying to do both these methods are somewhat impracticable largely due to failing eyesight due to age.

I am therefore looking for a good MIDI to CSV converter.

Thanks in advance.

Keep well all. Eat lots of garlic if nothing else it promotes social distancing.

Tony
Found what I needed. I wanted a printout or better of an Event List of a Midi Track I had in Cakewalk. Print would have sufficed but the Print Option was greyed out. However, I thought why not click on the page and go <cntrl> P. Up came the printer box, then print to PDF and now I can resize it perfectly.

Where there’s a will (there’s a relative).

Keep well all

Tony
Microsoft Word or Excel probably could have done what you were looking for too. They both have pretty advanced "search and replace" options that would allow you to make a .CSV by taking spaces and replacing with commas, etc.

Glad you found what you wanted.
try this

https://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/midicsv/

and look about half way down in middle of page (small type) for a link to the zipped archive

Good Luck
Larry
Thanks, I was able to work out how to get a Cakewalk to allow me to print it.

I tried that Formilab program but I only have a lesser degree in Computing which I got many years ago.

The crazy thing is once upon a time there were many easy solutions to the issue.

All sorted thanks

Tony
© PG Music Forums