PG Music Home
Posted By: Rick Flippin Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/30/20 09:56 AM
I was wondering how you render biab tracks to the daw then saved in the daw to be sent out to be mixed with the project. I tried this but the only tracks were what I recorded none of the biab bass or drums etc tracks were in the sent project. It seems to revert back to the biab hard drive. Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/30/20 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Can you give us more info please:

Windows or Mac?
What DAW?
How are you doing the render?
Are the tracks MIDI (track name in mixer is yellow) or RealTracks (track name in mixer is green)?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/30/20 01:19 PM
I always use BB to write the song. I close it and reopen it with Real Band. However, I believe you can export the tracks out of BB as well.

In RB I select the entire track and choose EXPORT as a WAV from the top drop down. I place the tracks into a folder and from there import them to Sonar. Works like a charm and it only takes a minute or two. I have never been able to export or drag from BB to my DAW with any measure of success. It's a round about method but it's still quicker than recording each track myself.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/30/20 04:48 PM
Herb, I just drag the Master radio button into SONAR. Everything transfers except MIDI. Then I drag the MIDI tracks and set the tempo in SONAR.
Posted By: Rick Flippin Re: Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/30/20 06:50 PM
Awesome thank you
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Newbie question on rendering tracks - 03/31/20 10:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Herb, I just drag the Master radio button into SONAR. Everything transfers except MIDI. Then I drag the MIDI tracks and set the tempo in SONAR.

My biggest issue has been with midi files. On several occasions I have wanted to move a midi track for piano into my DAW, exactly like it plays in BB. When I drag the midi file track..... I end up with 16 or so additional blank midi tracks and one with data but.... the midi track with data has become "generic" and no long contains the unique melody and patterns that existed in the original BB and that I wanted..... I have beat my head against that wall so many times unsuccessfully, that I just don't bother anymore.
© PG Music Forums