PG Music Home
I just had a thought now we (in Australia at least) are in a position of being advised to stay at home and all gigs cancelled it would still pay to at least occasionally plug up the pc, laptop or whatever to keep it up to date.

It is also a good time to clean files no longer required on this machine. Get shy of all the extra baggage that builds up over time.

Just a thought
Tony
A wise thought, Tony!

I definitely let my equipment sit idle for too long. Once I waited months after a move to unbox some speakers and plug them in, and discovered they had been damaged and didn't work at all.

A good practice to keep those musical juices flowing could be Facebook live shows. My friend just did one from his bedroom, and it was great! It felt nice to watch someone perform and know it was happening live. Despite the lack of physical presence, it's still always comforting to see live music somehow. People are gonna sing no matter what.
Another month of not gigging and I had to remind myself to turn on my gigging machine to ensure all is up to date and running correctly. Update the songs I’ve generated in the break and other maintenance tasks.

Just a thought

Tony
Probably good time to remove batteries from stuff right now too. I removed them from my acoustic guitar preamp. I put some fresh ones in the guitar case though just so I'm ready.
© PG Music Forums